Hello dear Community, i would like to share a tutorial, in this tutorial i would like to explain how to install Dead Island with Coop fix correctly.
- Download Patch 1.3.0 Update #7
- Alternate Download Link for Patch 1.3.0 Update #7
- Download Coop Fix
- Alternate Download Link for Coop Fix
Step by step Tutorial:
- Install Dead Island.
- Download and install the Patch: 1.3.0 Update #7.
- Download and install the Coop Fix.
- Download and install Steam. (You don't need SmartSteam or Greenluma in order to play this game.)
- Start steam and login into your Account, goto the Games Tab and click "Add a game" -> "Add a none steam-game" -> "Browse ...", now select your DeadIslandGame.exe.
- Now start Dead Island via the Desktop shortcut. (DO NOT START IT FROM STEAM, OTHERWISE YOUR LOBBY WILL BE GRAYED OUT)
- Once you are ingame goto the options tab -> Online, set the "Game Type" to "Cooperative" and "Game Visibility" to "LAN", otherwise you wont find any servers.
- Now start a new game and play until you arrive ACT I.
- You are now ready to play with your friends.
Q: Game Lobby is grayed out?
A: Apply the Coop Fix. (You can find the download in this thread.)
Q: I did apply the Coop Fix but the Game Lobby is still grayed out?
A: Set the steam appid in the steam_appid.txt file to 17700 and set the file attribute to read only, you can find that file inside your dead island folder, most people use this number, do not start the game from steam, use the desktop shortcut instead.
Q: People are trying to join my game but they cant connect?
A: Your Firewall is blocking the connection, disable your firewall in order to play with other people.
Q: I cant find any servers?
A: Many things can cause this issue, maybe there is no one playing at the same chapter then you, you cant find anyone how is playing on a higher chapter then you, you can only find lower chapters, you also have to stay in the same world then the other guy is, example: if you are in the jungle and try to play with someone how is in chapter 1 you wont find him, you have to Fast-Travel to the beach and search for him again.
Q: I still cant find anyone?
A: If you followed all steps above and still cant find anyone then you did something wrong, try to start from tutorial number 2 again, be sure to set the steam_appid to 17700 and set the file attribute to read only.
Q: My game does not save anything
A: Your Steam_AppId is using the default dead island id, this will result in a problem, change your steam appid to 17700.