From Tunngle Wiki
Last edited: 22 April 2014
Latest Game Version: 1.8.1 (Update 26.1)
- "Video tutorial: How to install" (Thanks to ony303x for helping with the upload of the video)
ATTENTION: In order to keep your profile with LAN Fix, you MUST change and KEEP the same profile name to avoid any conflict"!
- Install PAYDAY 2 (FLT Release required)
Note: Don't apply any of the Files from the Updates folders !! Don't copy/paste any other content in your gamefolder than those expressly noted in this Guide! Only use the update files like described here (nothing else!)
- Download and Install Update 1 to 25.1 
- Download and Install Update 25.1 to 26
- Download and Install Update 26 to 26.1
Note: Please check this page often, because new updates are available frequently.
- Download the LAN-Fix V3, and extract it to your Game Installfolder, overwrite files when prompted!
- Join the PAYDAY 2 [10.x.x.x] Network or create a Private Network with "10.x.x.x" Range Emulator enabled
- Edit your ingame name in "SmartSteamEmu.ini" file (PersonaName = yourdesiredname). DO NOT change it after you started playing or you will lose all current progress.
- Start the Game with RVTLauncher.exe (As Administrator)
- As Client: Go to Crime.net -> Join any Match (with a green or blue Title)
- As Host: Go to Crime.net -> Click any Contract (with a white Title) -> Create a Match -> Wait for Players
- Have Fun
- Restart Tunngle or your PC
- Install this Custom Launcher in your gamefolder, launch Launcher.exe (instead of RVTLauncher.exe) and select OFFLINE/LAN !! Do NOT click on Online !!
- Get FLT Release of the Payday 2 game, Repacks cause crashing!!!
- When you are in crime.net try these steps, some users reported less crashing with this trick: 1. Create your own lobby by clicking on an empty heist contract. 2. Leave your lobby again. 3. Try joining an active lobby now!
- Make sure to update your computers' drivers to the latest version, especially graphics card drivers!
- Ensure you didn't get any Errors during updating. When you encounter an error during updating, always press 'Y' at the end to revert all changes. Pressed 'N' anyway and applied the patch with errors? You will probably have to reinstall your game then.
- Last resort: Reinstall the Game and Updates
- Run the game as administrator
- Find the file SmartSteamEmu.ini and open it with notepad. Scroll down to the line 'EnableInGameVoice 1'. Change the 1 into a 0 and save the file. Try starting the game again as adminstrator.
- Port_Forward UDP Port 11155 in your Router
- Configure your Firewall to allow both 'payday2_win32_release.exe' and 'RVTLauncher.exe'
Note : You need to show hidden files and folders in order to see some of the folders used in this "HOW TO FIX". Not sure how to do this? Type in google: 'how to show hidden files'
If you are experiencing black screen and instant crash on launching the game or you are totally unable to start the game, the following fix may solve the issue for you :
- Make sure to update your computers' drivers to the latest version
Still getting the issue ?
- Find the file named “renderer_setting.xml” in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\PAYDAY 2.
- Open this file using any text editor.
- After opening the file, you need to find the following section:
<d3d_device adapter_index = “0″
resolution = “1920 1080″
windowed = “false”
refresh_rate = “60″
- These settings should match your local parameters. For instance, if your desktop resolution is 1200*800, you should choose the same resolution here. Refresh rate should also match as it also create problems sometimes. You can also choose to run the game in windowed mode first and then change the settings afterwards. In order to run the game in windowed mode, change the value “false” to “true”.
- Browse to your Game Installfolder
- Edit the "SmartSteamEmu.ini" File
- Search for the line "PersonaName =" and type in your own nickname there!
- Still problems? Set the following Files to "read only" (Rightclick -> Properties):
- Browse to your Game Folder
- Open "game.ver" with any text editor
- Now you can see the version of the game:
- Update 1 = 0.0.23
- Update 25.1 = 1.7.1
- Update 26 = 1.8.0
- Update 26.1 = 1.8.1
Note: Install the Updates as Administrator!