From Tunngle Wiki
- Install Magicka (Magicka.v18.104.22.168.Incl.23.DLC-BlackEcho or Magicka.Collection-PROPHET or Magicka.v.22.214.171.124.Incl.22.DLC.Green.Edition-ALI213 recommended)
- Download Steam fix for Magicka 126.96.36.199 and extract it. Copy all extracted files/folders and paste them into the folder containing the Magicka game files. If you are asked to overwrite any existing files, say yes.
- Download Steam at http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/SteamSetup.exe
- IMPORTANT: Create a new Steam account with a new e-mail address.
- Open Steam and log in
- Begin the game using RVTFiX Launcher.exe (You may right-click this and create a desktop shortcut)
- Go to Game -> Online Play -> Join or host a match
- IMPORTANT: Uncheck "VAC only" when you are joining or hosting
- Have Fun
- Install Magicka (3DMGAME-Magicka.v188.8.131.52.Incl.All.DLCs recommended)
- Download LAN fix for Magicka 184.108.40.206 and extract it. Copy all extracted files/folders and paste them into the folder containing the Magicka game files. If you are asked to overwrite any existing files, say yes to all.
- Join the Magicka Network
- IMPORTANT: To start the game, right-click SSE.Launcher.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- You may enter your preferred nickname in the box, then click Start Game
- When the game begins, hold ALT+TAB so that you can check both boxes and click "Allow access" to allow the game through Windows Firewall. (You only need to do this once.)
- If you are HOSTING: Go to Game -> Online Play -> Click Host
- If you are JOINING: Go to Game -> Online Play -> Hold down the SHIFT key + TAB key simultaneously
- Have Fun
If you don't want to right-click and select "Run as administrator" each time:
- Right-click SSE.Launcher.exe and select "Create Shortcut". You can place this shortcut wherever you want (such as the desktop).
- Right-click the shortcut that you created and select "Properties"
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and close the Properties window.
- (Optional) You may also right-click the shortcut and click "Rename" to change it to say Magicka.
- If the game doesn't start, download and install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- If you get the "Magicka has stopped working" error, download and install Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.1
- If you still cannot start the game, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- NOTE: Disable "VAC" in the Gameoptions if you want to Host
- You can only join to hosts that are using the same method and game version (How To Play..)
- If you got "Authentic .." message, this mean you try connecting to a Legit host (You cant!)
- If you cant connect to Host (connecting...), ask the Host to disable Firewall
- If you are hosting and Clients can't connect, try quit the game. Make sure that "magicka.exe" isn't running (Check Taskmanager) and Restart + Rehost
Last edited: 2. November 2014