From Tunngle Wiki
- Install Magicka (Magicka.v18.104.22.168.Incl.23.DLC-BlackEcho or Magicka.Collection-PROPHET or Magicka.v.22.214.171.124.Incl.22.DLC.Green.Edition-ALI213 recommended)
- Download Steam fix for Magicka 126.96.36.199 and extract it. Copy all extracted files/folders and paste them into the folder containing the Magicka game files. If you are asked to overwrite any existing files, say yes.
- Download Steam at http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/SteamSetup.exe
- IMPORTANT: Create a new Steam account with a new e-mail address.
- Open Steam and log in
- Begin the game using RVTFiX Launcher.exe (You may right-click this and create a desktop shortcut)
- Go to Game -> Online Play -> Join or host a match
- IMPORTANT: Uncheck "VAC only" when you are joining or hosting
- Have Fun
- Install Magicka (3DMGAME-Magicka.v188.8.131.52.Incl.All.DLCs recommended)
- Download LAN fix for Magicka 184.108.40.206 and extract it. Copy all extracted files/folders and paste them into the folder containing the Magicka game files. If you are asked to overwrite any existing files, say yes to all.
- Join the Magicka Network. At this point, the host should type their Tunngle Virtual IP into the chatbox and send it to the Magicka network chatroom. Your Virtual IP is located in the lower-left corner of the Tunngle window (See this screenshot). Anyone interested in joining should write down this IP address (You cannot copy and paste while in-game, so just write it down or memorize it).
- IMPORTANT: To start the game, right-click SSE.Launcher.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- You may enter your preferred nickname in the box, then click Start Game
- When the game begins, hold ALT+TAB so that you can check both boxes and click "Allow access" to allow the game through Windows Firewall. (You only need to do this once.)
- If you are HOSTING: Go to Game -> Online Play -> Click Host
- If you are JOINING: Go to Game -> Online Play -> Direct IP and type the host's Tunngle Virtual IP that you wrote down before. Click join, then hold down the SHIFT key + TAB key simultaneously.
- Have Fun
If you don't want to right-click and select "Run as administrator" each time:
- Right-click SSE.Launcher.exe and select "Create Shortcut". You can place this shortcut wherever you want (such as the desktop).
- Right-click the shortcut that you created and select "Properties"
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and close the Properties window.
- (Optional) You may also right-click the shortcut and click "Rename" to change it to say Magicka.
- If the game doesn't start, download and install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- If you get the "Magicka has stopped working" error, download and install Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.1
- If you still cannot start the game, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- NOTE: Disable "VAC" in the Gameoptions if you want to Host
- You can only join to hosts that are using the same method and game version (How To Play..)
- If you got "Authentic .." message, this mean you try connecting to a Legit host (You cant!)
- If you cant connect to Host (connecting...), ask the Host to disable Firewall
- If you are hosting and Clients can't connect, try quit the game. Make sure that "magicka.exe" isn't running (Check Taskmanager) and Restart + Rehost
Last edited: 2. November 2014