Losing internet connection. Cannot understand Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   ganzatraxx Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: ganzatraxx
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:33

Hi, I've installed/unistalled, retry retry, with no result.

I've read guide, problem, used "troubleshooter", read all the "trobleshotting/disconnects problems" page.

So. I've installed tunngle and:

1)Open the port 11155, as you can see http://www.tunngle.n...13034_thumb.png
2)Firewall/antivirus exception.
3)Static IP (I've already use it).
4)DNS (cannot understand which I've to change, the my connection to router one, or the "tunngle adapter").
5)During log-in into tunngle, if I change DNS (Tunngle DNS y/n), finally it logs (I have the "green smile"), but.... no internet connection.

So the problem is this: with a lot of work, I can log-in with tunngle, but I totally lose my internet connection (in the browser, but I can use skype - only for write-chatting and NOT for voice-chatting O.o).
If tunngle crash, I've to reboot it, and close correctly for regain the internet connection.

During tunngle is open, I've have:

during connection
http://www.tunngle.n...13502_thumb.png

when "connected" (I think it is connected to tunngle, because of the "green smile", obtained swithing the DNS settings in tunngle)
http://www.tunngle.n...13518_thumb.png

So, I think the problem is about DNS. I cannot understand when/which/where I've to change it: Tunngle DNS in tunngle adapter? DNS in my wi-fi connection?

Plz help!

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 22 September 2012 - 13:18

Hi :), please avoid using the port forward and the DMZ at the same time since this might cause issues to the router. I recommend that you disable the DMZ and reboot your router ;).
Also no additional outbound rule should be necessary (there is already an allow all ;)).

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#3 User is offline   ganzatraxx Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: ganzatraxx
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2012 - 13:57

View PostBrioche, on 22 September 2012 - 13:18, said:

Hi :), please avoid using the port forward and the DMZ at the same time since this might cause issues to the router. I recommend that you disable the DMZ and reboot your router ;).
Also no additional outbound rule should be necessary (there is already an allow all ;)).

Thanks, I'm gonna try!

EDIT: So, the result. Now I've only the inbound service, removed the DMZ, set the DNS on the tunngle network.

No internet :(

This post has been edited by ganzatraxx: 22 September 2012 - 14:16

#4 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 22 September 2012 - 17:02

This is very strange. Do you have other network adapters installed?
Do you have a Bigfoot Killer NIC?

Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#5 User is offline   Alphaleader88 Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: Alpha-Leader
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:06

I am getting this same issue.

#6 User is offline   deeeg Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: deeeg
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2012 - 19:27

I am getting the same problem too. I have tried almost everything here on the forums... please someone HELP!!!!!

I set up the port on my router and don't have DMZ. Windows Firewall settings is done. NO INTERNET!!!

So I tried Static IP and also DNS... problem still... NO INTERNET!!!

The second I press connect on tunngle, I get the green face but internet doesn't work. Not in browser and not on tunngle. Once I close tunngle internet works fine.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!

Note: I have no other internet adapter and I am using WINDOWS 8. First time ever trying to use tunngle.

This post has been edited by deeeg: 20 December 2012 - 19:28

#7 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 20 December 2012 - 19:59

Hi :). Maybe check if you have any of this: Compatibility_with_Third-Party_Software ;).
Also verify that you don't have Avast or Avg (one member reported issues with Windows 8).

#8 User is offline   deeeg Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2012 - 20:13

View PostBrioche, on 20 December 2012 - 19:59, said:

Hi :). Maybe check if you have any of this: Compatibility_with_Third-Party_Software ;).
Also verify that you don't have Avast or Avg (one member reported issues with Windows 8).

Hi thanks for quick reply :)

OK so I don't have any of those either. I tried to see if tunngle works and it does! :) So I can see games and join... just tried with borderlands 2 and I was able to see the "LAN" games available in the game... so all good!

But, the internet still doesn't work when it's on :(

So I CAN use tunngle but while it's on I can't use internet :( it's not the end of the world but it's a bit annoying...

so any other ideas would be great

ps i cant use internet even on tunngle... if i click dont panic it won't work, i have to disconnect from tunngle first and then i can look at the help sections.

#9 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 20 December 2012 - 21:14

The OpenDNS point of Troubleshooting#Disconnects can help sometimes but from your previous post I guess you might already have tried that ;).

#10 User is offline   deeeg Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2012 - 21:34

View PostBrioche, on 20 December 2012 - 21:14, said:

The OpenDNS point of Troubleshooting#Disconnects can help sometimes but from your previous post I guess you might already have tried that ;).

yep tried it no success :(

really would like to find a solution to this

here is a weird thing i've noticed, if this helps figure out the problem at all:

OK so like i said when i connect to tunngle i can play but no internet connection on browser or on tunngle. i can browse games and join lobby fine.

now if i go ahead and DISABLE Tunngle network in network connections then internet works fine. then i go ahead and enable it straight away (tunngle applicaton is still on). now guess what? internet works in browser and in tunngle (note: tunngle actually still has a red cross in internet connections and says "network cable unplugged")
... and here is the weird part... i can now use internet and browse lobby and join a lobby :)
SUCCESS!!! problem solved... not quite! a few minutes later i won't be able to join a lobby anymore... tries to connect but no success. internet still works fine the whole time... but i can't join games anymore... so this method is no good but might shed some light on maybe what the problem could be.

NOTE: not only can I not join a lobby after about a minute, but it will not even show list of games for me to join... just keeps saying "loading..."
remember... internet always works now after disable and enable and joining a lobby works for around 1 minute until unable to view or join lobbies anymore

.... i have to quite tunngle again and start it to get it working again... but then i still have the no internet problem from the start.

This post has been edited by deeeg: 20 December 2012 - 21:36

#11 User is offline   Vulcanoids Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • View gallery
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: Titan Kronos
Good

Posted 20 December 2012 - 22:20

Follow these steps as exactly mentioned in here.

Reset the router (there could be a small button in behind of your router so click and hold the small button more than 4 seconds to reset the settings to default factory settings)
Then Uninstall the Tunngle.
Install the Tunngle.
Go to the Router and Find UPnP and Enable it
then Come to the Windows 7
and go to this location Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
and Enable Network Discovery of both HOME and Public so it also enables UPnP on the Windows. UPnP automatically forwards the port so it's unnecessary to forward 1115 port again. now Go to the Router and Find the DNS and change it to Google DNS. they are
and Restart the Router,Restart the Computer -> Come back. now it should work.

This post has been edited by Vulcanoids: 20 December 2012 - 22:22

#12 User is offline   Arch omari Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: smartspider
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2013 - 22:49

Finally .... I found the solution ...... it's very simple :thumbsup:

I tried every thing possible and not possible

look the problem is with ip address only
for example to understand >>> :
if your router gives the computer connected to it the IPs from
start IP 192.168.1.9
End IP 192.168.1.254

then you have to keep the first ip (192.168.1.9) clear without any connections and make your pc connect to the second one (192.168.1.10)
you can control this from you pc's network adapter
by going to the
"Network And Sharing Center" >>> "Change adapter settings" >>>> right click on the adapter that you are using to connect to the router ( Ethernet or Wireless) and choose " Properties" >>>> double click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IVP4)
>>>> and put your settings manually ( IP address is the second (192.168.1.10).. Subnet mask will automatically filled ... default gateway is your router IP address and preferred DNS server is same gateway also ... no need to fill alternate DNS

that's all and keep in mind that not to allow any device ( other pc , mobile ,...) to connect to the first IP

don't for get to modify forwarding to follow the new ip of your pc or use UPnp
tell me if this work with you
I was suffering the same problem but this work with me while I was trying :)

This post has been edited by Arch omari: 21 April 2013 - 06:31

#13 User is offline   Ghetts Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: Ghetts
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:22

I had the same issue, everytime I logged-in with Tunngle I lost my internet connection. I also read the troubleshooting#dissconnects section (I did the port forwarding, changed the IP to static and used the openDNS) but none of it helped me fix it. And this is the only thread I've found stating my actual problem.

I've found that the solution for me is to disable and then enable right away the Tunngle Adaptor, just as deeeg said, doing this I get my internet connection back and I can still use Tunngle (and I don't seem to lose the connection to Tunngle afterwards like it happened to deeeg). So the problem is solved for me.

Anyway, I think I found another way to solve this issue, at least for me: Setting up a network bridge between my router and the Tunngle adapter. But I don't even know what this means. I did this because I assumed that the IP from the network connection provided by the Tunngle adapter was somehow replacing my actual IP in a way it shouldn't have, so, completely ignoring what a network bridge actually does, it looked to me like something that could help getting the **** together between my router and the Tunngle adapter. Surprisingly it worked. But the best part is that since I didn't know what I just did, I deleted the bridge thinking it might not be a good idea, and, as opposed to any logical expectation, **** remained fixed!

I hope this works for others as well or at least helps elucidate what's the issue.

This post has been edited by Ghetts: 19 September 2013 - 12:31

#14 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:09

Hi :), to anyone with this issue, you can try to go to Windows->Start->Run and type "route Print", save the text and then paste here the result (or take a screenshot).
Another thing that would help would be to go to Windows->Start->Run and type "arp -a", save the text and then paste here the result (or take a screenshot).
If you need more privacy you can send it to me at support[at]tunngle.net ;).

#15 User is offline   crimsonbird Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: gurushankarp
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2013 - 18:05

View PostBrioche, on 20 September 2013 - 10:09, said:

Hi :), to anyone with this issue, you can try to go to Windows->Start->Run and type "route Print", save the text and then paste here the result (or take a screenshot).
Another thing that would help would be to go to Windows->Start->Run and type "arp -a", save the text and then paste here the result (or take a screenshot).
If you need more privacy you can send it to me at support[at]tunngle.net ;).

As you've said, I'm posting a screen shot of route Print and arp -a.
Thanks for the help! :)
In my case, when I connectto Tunngle, it my wifi client says wired network connection and internet adapter gets disconnected.
Is it due to some ip problem or due to the wifi client called "Odyssey Access Client" ?

Attached File(s)

#16 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 17 October 2013 - 18:15

You should try that when Tunngle is running.

About WiFi it could be but it's hard to tell. You could use the default Windows WiFi manager to test ;).

#17 User is offline   crimsonbird Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: gurushankarp
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2013 - 18:31

View PostBrioche, on 17 October 2013 - 18:15, said:

You should try that when Tunngle is running.

About WiFi it could be but it's hard to tell. You could use the default Windows WiFi manager to test ;).

Well my in my laptop the standard wifi is disabled cuz its an official laptop :P

Nevertheless, weirdly that method mentioned above by others seems to have worked!! I disabled and re-enabled my Tunngle adapted and it got connected!

However, I have a doubt on why I'm not able to find any active games on the LAN tab in CSS. Could it be because no one is actually playing online??

Cheers! :)

#18 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 17 October 2013 - 18:50

It could be. If you have someone to try with you can check the Community_Connection_Test ;).

#19 User is offline   Rick90 Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: Rick90
Neutral

Posted 01 November 2013 - 19:00

Got this issue with my brand new computer which have Windows 8 installed too. Fixed it somehow which I don't remember how I did.
Upgraded to Windows 8.1 for a few days ago and encountered the issue again. None of the solutions here worked.

I followed Ghetts by bridge my Wi-Fi and Tunngle Adapter together. Tunngle could not connect to the master server, but my browser worked.
So, I unbridged them and *bam*, Tunngle and Wi-Fi, both of them worked!

Just wanted to share my solution and remind myself if I get into this problem again when I have done any upgrades/reinstallation :)

#20 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:31

Nice mate :). Thanks for sharing the info with us :).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

mahmoud nofal Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:32 PM)
مش راضي يعمل log in
mahmoud nofal Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:31 PM)
ساعدني
mahmoud nofal Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:31 PM)
ياطيب
CAP ALPHA Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:30 PM)
oye rehan
mahmoud nofal Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:26 PM)
؟
mahmoud nofal Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:24 PM)
ياجماعه بدي العب كاونتر سترايك
CAP ALPHA Icon : (27 November 2014 - 01:21 PM)
oye rehan .. add kar
ziggy yardie Icon : (27 November 2014 - 10:46 AM)
Lots of cool gta sa mods, and tunngle Lan gameplays
ziggy yardie Icon : (27 November 2014 - 10:46 AM)
osa1942 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 07:23 AM)
Battlestations Pacific, someone :) ?
djjony91 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 05:30 PM)
i press create and i put all but he dont work anyone to help me
djjony91 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 05:29 PM)
omg not work to make a private network
danik.Killer Icon : (26 November 2014 - 05:28 PM)
asda
SLVUnternedg... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 01:41 PM)
ip pls?
Dee N Aye Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:44 PM)
Sins of a Solar Empire anyone?
hatem-asakereh Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:35 AM)
PLAY BORDERLANDS THE PRE-SEQUEL OVER TUNNGLE
Mike Harper Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM)
Hey there :)
ParmesanChicken Icon : (26 November 2014 - 06:00 AM)
hH
ParmesanChicken Icon : (26 November 2014 - 05:59 AM)
hey
wallbayss3 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:18 AM)
türk olan var mı
wallbayss3 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:18 AM)
beyler
Skullripper675 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:03 AM)
Does anyone know why when I open up tunngle i get a message that says i need adobe flash player?
VafinEmil Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:28 PM)
Можно ли тут играть PES 2013?
Mr.Shred65 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 09:26 PM)
Can someone help with my server activatin and not being able to see the effing captcha like im supposed to?
sileibra15 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 07:08 PM)
can somebody help me how to play oage of mithology titans online
sileibra15 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 06:33 PM)
can somebody help me how to play oage of mithology titans online
Daher Icon : (25 November 2014 - 06:20 PM)
SOme1 whant join?
Daher Icon : (25 November 2014 - 06:20 PM)
I am looking for some1 to play with me beyond earth.
xXLogicXx Icon : (25 November 2014 - 05:45 PM)
do u?
xXLogicXx Icon : (25 November 2014 - 05:44 PM)
do u need steam to play the Don't Starve multiplayer?
Resize Chat Area