Tunngle ADS Help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DeMario Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: DeMario
Neutral

Posted 08 April 2012 - 18:01

Is there anyway to disable that animated AD on Tunngle program ? When it is animated it takes up about 30-40 of my CPU and I cannot play ! I have to close the program open it again and do that over and over again until the AD is not animated so I can minimize it to tray and play. I don't know how it works but even if it is minimized to tray it still takes up my pc. When it is not animated I have been able to play Dead Island and other games for hours. Please help !

#2 User is offline   ZAX Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: ZAX
Tunngle Master

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:18

That might be the embedded Internet Explorer component.
Try to update your Internet Explorer version or reset your current one:
http://www.tunngle.n...m%2Fkb%2F923737

There is no way to disable the ads atm because they are the only way to realize this brilliant service for you 4FREE ;)

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#3 User is offline   DeMario Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 08 April 2012 - 23:24

View PostZAX, on 08 April 2012 - 19:18, said:

That might be the embedded Internet Explorer component.
Try to update your Internet Explorer version or reset your current one:
http://www.tunngle.n...m%2Fkb%2F923737

There is no way to disable the ads atm because they are the only way to realize this brilliant service for you 4FREE ;)

Nah that won't help my PC is single core problaly thas why but I will try anyway, I can play most of the games though. It just bothers me that I must exit and turn on the program again about 20 times until I get static AD. Oh well, I guess I will have to save money for new pc then.

#4 User is offline   Zocker4Life Icon

• Tunngle Wiki Police
  • View gallery
  • Group: Enthusiasts
  • Tunngle Username: Zocker4Life
Tunngle Master

Posted 08 April 2012 - 23:30

You can refresh the Ads with F5 until you get a Static one. Don't forget to click next to the Ads.

Regards
Zocker4Life

This post has been edited by Zocker4Life: 09 April 2012 - 00:15

Posted Image

Posted Image
No Support via PM or Xfire/Raptr! | Kein Support per PN oder Xfire/Raptr!

#5 User is offline   DeMario Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 09 April 2012 - 00:04

View PostZocker4Life, on 08 April 2012 - 23:30, said:

You can refresh the Ads with F5 until you get a Static one.

Regards
Zocker4Life

Doesn't work, it only refreshes the video which is in start page.

#6 User is offline   ObeseWhale Icon

• The Tunngle Whale
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: ObeseWhale
Tunngle Master

Posted 09 April 2012 - 00:12

make sure you click on the little area next to the video first ;)

#7 User is offline   DeMario Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 09 April 2012 - 00:25

View PostObeseWhale, on 09 April 2012 - 00:12, said:

make sure you click on the little area next to the video first ;)

LOL, turns out it refreshes the area I click on and it actually worked on AD ! Thank you !

#8 User is online   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 09 April 2012 - 17:43

Hi :). The next version has a new browser engine that should definitely help with this ;).

Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#9 User is offline   DayZKaga Icon

• Average Tunngler
  • PipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: peterabc
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:53

Or how about you just remove the ads you greedy monetizing fucks? :)

#10 User is offline   ZbigniewDenys Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: ZbigniewDenys
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:22

Seriously, the advertisements suck. Why would you pollute this already bloated GUI with obtrusive trash?

Do you know how to make an application? Apparently not, as you've failed miserably.

#11 User is online   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 29 September 2012 - 23:16

Hi :). We sure don't like these ads in our program but without money we can't run the Tunngle servers (unless you are volunteering to pay for them ;)).
These things aren't cheap and they have a monthly cost that is more than a normal family can possibly withstand.
We're not a big company with loads of money. We're are a bunch of normal gamers (like you) that have a dream. We're not even paid for most of the work we do.
I am sure that if one day you had 3M FREE accounts and 100K people in 24h on your system you would understand what this means for your wallet.

Now you enjoy the service completely free and at the moment the Tunngle Advertising can barely cover our current expenses.
Without the ads money we would have to shut-down the whole project and you wouldn't even be posting this callous flaming content on this forum.
I am sure that once you consider the matter again, after actually thinking about it (that's what the brain is for ;)), you will understand how wrong is bashing people that work hard to bring you a free service ;).

It sure doesn't seem the right way to spend your evening ;). I am sure you can find better (like for example killing a few zombies ;)).

Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#12 User is offline   Fate-kun Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: FatesAligned
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:56

the others do have a point, the ads alone could be rather intensive just as much as bulking out the UI, maybe in future versions to reduce your costs and reduce the ads we see how about making a downloadable server for those that have the capacity to run one, like in my case, I have a quad core 3.2GHz CPU with 16GB of RAM and an upload and download speed of 64Mbps all on a nice Ubuntu server which is probably way more than enough to run a simple Tunngle server to host various LAN party rooms for multiple games.

which brings me to my main point. by hosting my own Tunngle server I can blacklist accounts that are trolling around, limit who can join by possibly requiring a password, and best of all host it all myself so that without knowing it's info you can't get to it at all.

by doing so the Tunngle staff can run fewer dedicated servers and reduce their costs which in turn will mean less advertising on the client itself, but in my opinion I think the whole thing should run in a DOS window to minimize and performance loss from a GUI which means more CPU/RAM for the games being run.

a simple way of looking at the server stuff is to think of the way MineCraft runs servers, anyone can host a server with the right hardware, so why not let tunngle users do the same? Everywhere I look Tunngle is compared to Hamachi and if Hamachi can run on such tiny resources why not Tunngle as well.

as of right now I can't say much more than this because after all I haven't even used Tunngle myself :P

I wrote this at 7am with no sleep yet so I might be all over the place, I'll probably edit it for more clarity in a few hours.

This post has been edited by Fate-kun: 15 December 2012 - 12:56

#13 User is offline   ObeseWhale Icon

• The Tunngle Whale
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 15 December 2012 - 13:15

Tunngle does run on a small ammount of resources and will use very little of your memory.

If your going to run dedicated servers you only need Tunngle open and connected to a network. Then you have to option to minimize it to the tray which uses even less resources.

Running the dedicated server program for a game depends on what game it is and how much memory the server software wants to use.

The ads have very little effect on the whole. If you want to remove them the Tunngle Premium version has the option to disable them.

#14 User is online   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 15 December 2012 - 14:31

as of right now I can't say much more than this because after all I haven't even used Tunngle myself

Hi :). It's a wise approach to try something before you judge it. We've put a lot attention into performance and stability so refraining from writing undocumented stuff in a public forum is a matter of fairness if not of intellectual honesty ;).

As you can easily verify yourself Tunngle footprint is negligible on modern systems.
If that isn't enough you can minimize Tunngle to the tray which makes the interface footprint even smaller.

Now, you're obviously free to think what you like but Tunngle is the result of the efforts of people that work on it every day (more than normal workers do and at the cost of personal sacrifice) and even suggesting that we didn't consider proper cost reduction or that with a simple tweak here and there the system can be easily made better is not a way to show respect for this work and this people.

As a matter of fact the solutions you mentioned are not possible for a number of reasons.
If you give it a deeper thought, you'll see that even the competitor you mentioned (which btw in this context could be easily misunderstood as advertising) is using a centralized connection mediation solution because most home connections do not have what it takes to handle this kind of process on the required level.

There is also another problem. Tunngle is a way for gamers to aggregate around LAN gaming and it's based on universality and availability.
Fragmenting the Tunngle Community in so many unrelated pieces where single men have unrestricted power, would only make the interest of those that want to see LAN gaming and PC gaming dead.
We have a chance only if we stay together. PC Gamers must unite and not divide themselves into separated nations.
If you stay around here for a while, you will realize that the Tunngle Community is what is actually running Tunngle (and not vice-versa) and the Tunngle Team has no intention to change this ;).

If you want Tunngle without Ads for your life you can grab lifetime https://www.tunngle.net/lifetime/: it costs much less than that server of yours, you'll help us with our expenses (and with our lifes) and you won't have to worry about Ads anymore ;).

#15 User is offline   povi_pov Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: Fieldbaby.cn
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:39

hi is there a way to turn off the ADS kinda annoying ^^ THank you :)

#16 User is offline   ObeseWhale Icon

• The Tunngle Whale
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:42

Hey Fieldbaby :)

Thanks for your purchase of Tunngle Lifetime, its much appreciated by the Tunngle Team :)
Since you are a Tunngle lifetime member you can disable the client advertisements from the Home Tab in the Client. From the Home tab simply untick the Advertising Banner to disable the ads.

#17 User is offline   povi_pov Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: Fieldbaby.cn
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:45

I appreciate your time and effort in making this lovely app so it worth every penny ! :)

Cheers

#18 User is online   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
Tunngle Master

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:50

Thanks to you for your support :thumbup:!

#19 User is offline   Mike Harper Icon

• ★ Tunngle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: Mike Harper
Tunngle Master

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:50

Thanks for your lifetime support mate :).
If you like ANY post from ANYONE, click the Posted Image button.

>>JOIN THE BENGALI TUNNGLE FORUM<<

Posted Image

Check out my Tunngle projects: Tunngle Web App and Tunngle Skin - Metal Black & Tunngle Skin - Windows 8

বাঙালি Tunngle ইউজারদের জন্য ফেসবুক পেজ ও গ্রুপ : লিংক :D. (Facebook page and group for Bengali Tunngle users: Links here :D. )

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

MasterOfSin Icon : (20 December 2014 - 10:20 PM)
where the **** can i change my password???
Ass- Icon : (20 December 2014 - 08:13 PM)
ку ку
alex7771529 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 08:08 PM)
ку ку
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 07:15 PM)
Any game you want, man - Tunngle ; Posted Image
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 07:13 PM)
boogerMan, bomberMan, spiderMan, xMan... Posted Image
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 07:09 PM)
Roger, man ; Posted Image
mudge6 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 07:05 PM)
anyone here?
Mike Harper Icon : (20 December 2014 - 06:39 PM)
Hello mates :)
sailkargutkar Icon : (20 December 2014 - 06:35 PM)
hi
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 06:10 PM)
( ( ( ( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((( |> Posted Image <| )))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ) ) ) )
Mike Harper Icon : (20 December 2014 - 05:23 PM)
^^ I did it, mate :thumbsup:
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:54 PM)
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:53 PM)
Mike , check it again if you would please.
Mike Harper Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:45 PM)
Hey mate :). Yes, I've seen and replied to your topic :).
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:42 PM)
I meant this
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:42 PM)
Everybody check [topic=http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/198946-social-status/]this[/topic] out.
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:41 PM)
I saw you checking this topic http://www.tunngle.n...-social-status/
MadalinRO Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:40 PM)
Mike
MoNeYHeIsTeR Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:28 PM)
Im having trouble with Payday 2 48-49 updates.
ObeseWhale Icon : (20 December 2014 - 01:48 PM)
Hey there :)
Rasmo75 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 01:44 PM)
hello
UNDER_GREY Icon : (20 December 2014 - 01:43 PM)
deniska grinenko, по поводу ошибки 2-105: http://www.tunngle.n...ost__p__1538924
по поводу Частной сети: какой сетевой диапазон выбирали?
deniska grin... Icon : (20 December 2014 - 01:24 PM)
нажал частные сети потом создать он присоединился я его вижу но он обозначен крестиком что дальше делать помогите
deniska grin... Icon : (20 December 2014 - 01:18 PM)
подскажите пожалуйста как установить соединение с другим комп. выдаёт ошибку 2-105
ccGH0STcc Icon : (20 December 2014 - 12:05 PM)
why its not working on 7dtd
COMMUNITY SERVERLIST
Gametype: SDK Survival | IP:Port = 7.31.190.236:25000
s
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 11:03 AM)
# Mike, I found some... Folders 'scoped_dir*' should be moved from the TEMP variable to Tunngle directory. The user may not be aware of them when purges the system using the program clear. For example: CCleaner cleans the system and removes empty folders, including 'scoped_dir*'. This violates the stability of the app. The only way out is to restart Tunngle. Continue to observe... Posted Image
mshlmc79 Icon : (20 December 2014 - 09:34 AM)
Thnks, Mike ; // It would be easier to make a switch in the settings. For example: 'minimize the game when you receive a private message in chat'. Good luck. Posted Image Posted Image
Mike Harper Icon : (20 December 2014 - 03:26 AM)
@mudavunts: You can find info here: Network:7_Days_to_Die :).
Resize Chat Area