Tunngle Community

»
Sign In » Members New Content Status Updates
« Back to Dead Island Series

[Tutorial] Dead Island Coop Fix - 1.3.0 Update 7

Momo120's Photo Momo120 12 03 April 2012 - 21:18

Posted Image
Hello dear Community, i would like to share a tutorial, in this tutorial i would like to explain how to install Dead Island with Coop fix correctly.

Downloads:

Step by step Tutorial:
  • Install Dead Island.
  • Download and install the Patch: 1.3.0 Update #7.
  • Download and install the Coop Fix.
  • Download and install Steam. (You don't need SmartSteam or Greenluma in order to play this game.)
  • Start steam and login into your Account, goto the Games Tab and click "Add a game" -> "Add a none steam-game" -> "Browse ...", now select your DeadIslandGame.exe.
  • Now start Dead Island via the Desktop shortcut. (DO NOT START IT FROM STEAM, OTHERWISE YOUR LOBBY WILL BE GRAYED OUT)
  • Once you are ingame goto the options tab -> Online, set the "Game Type" to "Cooperative" and "Game Visibility" to "LAN", otherwise you wont find any servers.
  • Now start a new game and play until you arrive ACT I.
  • You are now ready to play with your friends.

FAQ:

Q: Game Lobby is grayed out?
A: Apply the Coop Fix. (You can find the download in this thread.)

Q: I did apply the Coop Fix but the Game Lobby is still grayed out?
A: Set the steam appid in the steam_appid.txt file to 17700 and set the file attribute to read only, you can find that file inside your dead island folder, most people use this number, do not start the game from steam, use the desktop shortcut instead.

Q: People are trying to join my game but they cant connect?
A: Your Firewall is blocking the connection, disable your firewall in order to play with other people.

Q: I cant find any servers?
A: Many things can cause this issue, maybe there is no one playing at the same chapter then you, you cant find anyone how is playing on a higher chapter then you, you can only find lower chapters, you also have to stay in the same world then the other guy is, example: if you are in the jungle and try to play with someone how is in chapter 1 you wont find him, you have to Fast-Travel to the beach and search for him again.

Q: I still cant find anyone?
A: If you followed all steps above and still cant find anyone then you did something wrong, try to start from tutorial number 2 again, be sure to set the steam_appid to 17700 and set the file attribute to read only.

Q: My game does not save anything
A: Your Steam_AppId is using the default dead island id, this will result in a problem, change your steam appid to 17700.

BambiR00's Photo BambiR00 1 09 April 2012 - 14:03

thank you very much for this. I can confirm coop working.
However it seems my other mate, who just started playing cant seem to join my game. Is this because I have progressed too far in the game (level 15, Chapter 3)?

Momo120's Photo Momo120 12 09 April 2012 - 22:55

View PostBambiR00, on 09 April 2012 - 14:03, said:

thank you very much for this. I can confirm coop working.
However it seems my other mate, who just started playing cant seem to join my game. Is this because I have progressed too far in the game (level 15, Chapter 3)?

Hello sir, you have stay in the same world then your friend does.

If you stay in the same world then him, you should be able to find him.

Greetz.

TheFailNinja's Photo TheFailNinja 2 10 April 2012 - 07:41

BambiR00's Photo BambiR00 1 10 April 2012 - 08:42

View PostMomo120, on 09 April 2012 - 22:55, said:

Hello sir, you have stay in the same world then your friend does.

If you stay in the same world then him, you should be able to find him.

Greetz.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. If you are playing a chapter that the other person hasn't done, he cant join you but you can join him. So just get the guy with the lowest progress in the game to host.

mauriciodiaz's Photo mauriciodiaz 0 10 April 2012 - 17:53

Dude my steam says my Dead Island is not installed..this its a problem?

Galexlil's Photo Galexlil 0 13 April 2012 - 10:48

won't we get banned if we use normal steam?

hisyam123's Photo hisyam123 0 21 April 2012 - 16:12

idont find any friend anymore

Puma17's Photo Puma17 0 21 April 2012 - 18:52

Do i need to have tunngle open to play coop fix Dead Island or no ?

ObeseWhale's Photo ObeseWhale 4932 21 April 2012 - 23:09

If you want to play the LAN mode online then yes you need to run tunngle in the background ;)

vebuntu's Photo vebuntu 0 23 April 2012 - 17:06

hello,if i want to play the bloodbath arena.will i need Greenluma or smartsteam or only normal steam because i am playing normal dead island with normal steam and it's working very good .

AngryBearZ's Photo AngryBearZ 0 02 June 2012 - 10:13

i have downloaded that 1.3.0 update, the deadislandgame.exe in that update is still 1.0.0
is it only happen to me?

cootoes's Photo cootoes 1 04 June 2012 - 07:45

The lobby is still greyed out for me, for some reason?

I downloaded the co-op fix and the steam_appid is set to 17700, but how do I "set the file attribute to read only" ?

EDIT: Lobby is now showing up after I restarted a few times. However, I'm not finding any games at all, and people are talking on tunngle, obviously in-game.

I'm not using a router, and my AVG has never been an issue for me when using tunngle.

EDIT2: Lobby is gone again after restart. Tried restarting the game over 20 times now and it's not re-appearing.
This post has been edited by cootoes: 04 June 2012 - 08:15

Zocker4Life's Photo Zocker4Life 2076 04 June 2012 - 15:37

Rightclick the File and select Properties. You need the latest GreenLuma version to play.

Regards
Zocker4Life

CornIII's Photo CornIII 0 11 June 2012 - 13:49

guys i have a little problem with this...I do all the things in the description but..if i start the game it appears but dont do anything...just a black screen.. please help me..:(

alenone's Photo alenone 54 11 June 2012 - 19:05

is your pc good enough for DI ?

people who complain on black screen usually try to play DI on shitty notebook with shitty integrated graphic ( don't get me wrong , that's what usually happen...)

Proadiis's Photo Proadiis 0 13 June 2012 - 14:33

is everyone else move from chapter 1 alrdy?, or my game coop doesnt work lol

RMPinky's Photo RMPinky 579 13 June 2012 - 16:27

Im on chapter 8 co-oped all the way with a friend, mines copy, his is legit...... what problems are you encountering?

alenone's Photo alenone 54 13 June 2012 - 16:49

game doesn't let you to skip chapters so.....the best thing is to find someone right from beginning and coop all the way to the end

ps ; it is damn annoying when someone with no sense for coop join your game... :cursing: .....i rather play alone sooooo....get a good friend for this game

RMPinky's Photo RMPinky 579 13 June 2012 - 16:55

View Postalenone, on 13 June 2012 - 16:49, said:

game doesn't let you to skip chapters so.....the best thing is to find someone right from beginning and coop all the way to the end

ps ; it is damn annoying when someone with no sense for coop join your game... :cursing: .....i rather play alone sooooo....get a good friend for this game

Can't you boot them out? Annoying but still..... other way is to make a private network and agree with someone before hand to join?