Remember Me

Forgotten Password?

Tunngle Community: How To Install Metamod, Sourcemod, Extend Max-Players And Install Custom Maps & Campaigns - Tunngle Community

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Install Metamod, Sourcemod, Extend Max-Players And Install Custom Maps & Campaigns Rate Topic: ***** 5 Votes

#1 User is offline   SFK Icon

• The Undead King of L4D2
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: kaotik
Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 17:36

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 17:43

Posted Image

* Addon-Support tool
In this part of the guide im going to show you how to install and play custom maps and campaigns. The frist thing we need to do is to make sure you have addon support installed. If you have installed SFK Matser Update or SFK Complete Standalone you will already have addon support installed. If your not sure addon support is installed go to left4dead2/left4dead2 and look for a set of files called pak02 like in the below picture. If you have these files then addon suuport is installed.

Spoiler

left 4 dead 2 Addon Support Tool(310MB) [Updated on 3rd August 2013]

File Description :
Full Addon Support For Left 4 Dead 2.

Posted Image

* Installing Custom Campaigns
This Section of the guide will show you where to find and how to install custom campaigns and maps. there are many websites you can download maps but the best two are: L4Dmaps.com & L4Dmods.com. Its best to find the maps that are final as beta maps get alot of updates. If you install a map that is beta you will need to make sure you keep it upto date or people will be downloading a newer version of the map you are playing and wont be able to join you. Also each map will have a set of instructions on how its installed, most maps are the same and you move the vpk to the addons folder, but some maps have custom sounds and things like that. if you have installed a map with custom sounds or any custom sounds you will need to update the audio cache before they will work. to update your sound use the "Update Audio Cache" button found under the "Fix Audio Cache" menu on the games mainmenu.

Now i will show you how to install a custom map, in most cases you just have to move the vpk to the addons folder which is located at left4dead2/left4daed2/addons. Lets say we want to install Death Aboard 2 from here Death Aboard.VPK. When the file is downloaded it will usually come in .rar format and can be opened with WInRAR, if you dont have WinRAR you can download it from here: WinRAR. Open the rar and extract the files to somewhere like your desktop, and open Left4Dead 2 folder in the directory left4dead2/left4dead2. You will notice there is 2 folders that came with this custom campaign, addons and maps. all you need to do is to copy the 2 folders to this directory and merge the folders together when asked.

Spoiler

* Note Not all maps are the same this is just an example, you should ALWAYS read the authors instructions and follow them, if you have problems with custom maps you need to tell the author of the map in his comments section.

* How To Play
Now we have installed the Death Aboard 2 custom campaign i will show you how to start the map on a listenserver so people can join your game using Tunngle. Start Left 4 Dead 2 and open the Developer Console using the button on your mainmenu. Now the console is open type map and then hit the space bar. You will see a small list of maps and you can use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the maps you have installed. Use the down arrow to scroll down to the custom map you want to play, in this case its l4d_deathaboard01_prison. Once you have located your addon map press enter to open the listen server and give your friends your Tunngle IP so they can join you, your game should also be visible in the servers list.

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 21:07

Posted Image
* Sourcemod
SourceMod is server modification for any game that runs on the Half-Life 2 engine. It is a powerful, highly optimized platform for scripting plugins and handling server administration. The default package comes with a base set of plugins, but there are over 450 plugins in the community. These parts of the guide will explain how to install SourceMod and MetaMod to your game. First we need to download the latest stable version of Sourcemod http://www.sourcemod.net/. Open the zip folder and you will see two folders (pic 1) addons and cfg. Extract the addons and the cfg folder to your desktop and goto left4dead2/left4dead2/addons. Open the addons folder on your desktop and move both the MetaMod and SourceMod folder to your games addons folder (pic 2). Now Open the cfg folder on your desktop and move the SourceMod folder to left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg (pic 3). You can now delete both the empty folders from your desktop.

Spoiler

* MetaMod
First we need download the latest version of MetaMod from here http://www.metamodso...8.3-windows.zip. Open the zip folder and extract the addons folder to your desktop again. Open it up and you will see a folder named MetaMod inside, move this to left4dead2/left4dead2/addons (pic 1). When asked if you want to merge the folders select yes. Finally we need to create a MetaMod.vdf for Left4 Dead 2 here http://www.metamodsource.net/vdf. Save it to your desktop and then move it to left4dead2/left4dead2/addons. Your finished addons folder should look like this (pic 3).

Spoiler

Now we have everything setup let’s see if it works. Open your game/server and type in the console "sm version" it should display the version of SourceMod your game is running (pic 1). If you type "metamod_version" it will also display your current version of MetaMod (pic 2).

Spoiler

If it says Unknown Command SM or Unknown Command MetaMod then you have done something wrong!

#4 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 21:09

Posted Image

* Seting Admin By IP
If you are using Tunngle please use Password Admins section further down the guide. Now you have installed Metamod and Sourcemod you will need to add yourself as an admin so you can control your server, this part of the guide will explain how to do this. In windows go the start menu, select run and type cmd. In the window that pops up type "ipconfig" and get your Network IP (pic 1). Go to left4dead2/left4dead2/sourcemod/configs and open admins_simple.cfg in notepad. It will look something like this (pic 2). Enter your details like shown in picture 2 and then join your server. Open the console type "sm_admin" and you should now be able to access your admin menu (pic 3).

Spoiler

* Passworded Admins
For Tunngle users you will need to add passworded admins, this is because your Tunngle IP takes over and is different every time you connect. Go to left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/configs and open admins_simple.cfg with notepad. Edit it like shown in picture 1 under the spoiler. Now you have set your Admins Name, Password and Permissions we need to edit the core.cfg to get them to work. This file is located in the same folders as admins_simple.cfg. Open it in notepad and find the "PassInfoVar" line. Edit it like in picture 2, then save and close core.cfg.

Spoiler

Now the Admin you added needs to go to their game and create the file autoexec.cfg inside left4dead2/left4dead2_dlc1/cfg. They must editit like in picture 1 under the spoiler. Now the admin should join the server, open the console and type sm_admin and they should now be able to access the admin menu (pic 2). There are many ways to add admins here is a link http://wiki.alliedmo...ins_(SourceMod) with more in-depth descriptions of how to add Sourcemod admins. That’s it Sourcemod and Metmod are now set up and you can start adding your plugins.

Spoiler

#5 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 21:10

Posted Image

* L4DToolz
Since I’ve seen a lot of people asking how to expand the max players slots i will explain here how its done. Go here and download L4DToolz http://forums.allied...6&postcount=510 Open the Zip folder and you will have 2 folders (pic 1) extract them both to your desktop and then move them to left4d4ead2/ledt4dead2/addons, When asked to merge select yes.

Spoiler

* SuperVersus
Go here and download the latest version of Superversus http://forums.allied...ad.php?p=830069. You will need to download both the plugin and the l4d_superversus.cfg file. Move the l4d_superversus.cfg to left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod and edit it with notepad like shown in picture 2 under the spoiler. Now you have set your maxplayers in l4d_superversus.cfg you will need to add the following commands to your servers config file.

Spoiler

* SRCDS Users
If you use SRCDS.exe to host your server then you will already have a server.cfg file made up, so go to left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg open your server.cfg and edit it like shown in picture 1. Save your server.cfg and close it.

Spoiler

* Listen Servers
If you use the console or mainmenu buttons to host then you need to create a listenserver.cfg. Go to left4dead2/left4dead2/cfg and open the file listenserver360.cfg in notepad. Delete the file so its empty and add edit the file like shown in picture 1 under the spoiler. Save the file as listenserver.cfg and close it. That’s it now the Server when launched will have the amount of survivors you want.

Spoiler

Posted Image

* Character Select Menu
Now you have added your maxplayers you may want to make it so the Left 4 Dead 1 characters are playable. Go here http://forums.allied...ad.php?p=969651 and download the Character Select menu, this plugin will enable you to change character anytime in the game by typing !csm into the chatbox. Save the plugin to your desktop and put it in left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/plugins. Now let’s see if it works, go in game and join your server, once there type !csm in chat. You should now be able to select your character.

#6 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 12 July 2010 - 21:34

Posted Image

Here is a list of some plugins i have used before and some i currently have running in my server, if anyone has any suggestions to add to the list please reply this thread.

[L4D2] Friendly-Fire Protection Tool - http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=119477
[ANY] Simple Welcome Messages - http://forums.allied...ad.php?p=880791
[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1 - http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=114296
[L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots - http://forums.allied...ad.php?p=893938
[L4D2] Item Buying System - http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=110229
[L4D & L4D2] MultiTanks - http://forums.allied...ad.php?p=914271
[L4D2] Gun Control - http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=112156

[L4D2] Last BOSS - https://forums.allie...ad.php?t=129013

*NOTE: Because Left 4 Dead 2 is updated so much sourcemod and Metamod get broken from time to time, if this happens you will need to remove your Metamod.vdf and wait for an update, after you have updated you will need to create a new Metamod.vdf online.

SFKTeam Don’t Make Any Of These Plugins If You Have Problems Ask The Plugin Authors.

Posted Image

SFK-L4D2 SDK R2 (19.64MB) [Updated on 3rd August 2013]

File Description :
Left 4 Dead 2 SDK.

Posted Image

***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***

* Change Log:

* Known Issues (rev):

o Everytime you want to use the SDK you must edit this line out of your Rev.ini by putting a # in front of it:

SteamDll=bin\Steam_orig.dll

Change the above to this:

#SteamDll=bin\Steam_orig.dll

Save your Rev.ini and the SDK will now launch. When you want to play the game again you must remove the # and save your Rev.ini again.

o To use Left 4 Dead 2 (Tools Mode) create a shortcut to your games EXE and add the parameters:

-tools -dev -nop4

***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***===***

#7 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:10

Reserved

This post has been edited by SFK: 01 July 2012 - 20:32

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:11

Reserved

This post has been edited by SFK: 01 July 2012 - 20:33

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   amidna Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
Tiny

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:35

thank you very much,

very nice, exellent utorial, :gamer: . work fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you dont know what key your console is and you are using the SFK Standalone use the shortcut on your desktop to launch the game and the console will open on startup
I use your SFK Standalone 2.5, and when i lunch the game by shortcut in my desktop (shortcut created automatically when i have installed the SFK Standalone) the console doesn't open on startup. (just like that: intro, loading, the main menu; there is no console!)

#10 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:34

Have you Enabled The Developers Console in options?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   amidna Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPipPip
Tiny

Posted 18 October 2010 - 22:08

I don't know. I modified just option of video and audio and keybord&mouse (in the main menu, "options"), i don't know where i can find "developers console", exactely, i have no idea for what you speak about :thumbup:

#12 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 18 October 2010 - 22:27

'amidna said:

I don't know. I modified just option of video and audio and keybord&mouse (in the main menu, "options"), i don't know where i can find "developers console", exactely, i have no idea for what you speak about :thumbup:

Make sure this option is Enabled in Keyboard/Mouse settings

This post has been edited by SFK: 25 March 2011 - 05:12

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   amidna Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPipPip
Tiny

Posted 18 October 2010 - 22:39

in the fisrt, thank you for your quick answer,

it was disabled. i enabled it right now, :thumbup: . But still no console appears when i am on the main menu!

#14 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 21 October 2010 - 00:16

'amidna said:

in the fisrt, thank you for your quick answer,

it was disabled. i enabled it right now, :thumbup: . But still no console appears when i am on the main menu!

Hi mate sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, PM me your msn or skype details and ill help your from there :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   amidna Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPipPip
Tiny

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:43

no problem ;) . check your PM, i sent my msn details. thank you so much..

#16 User is offline   amidna Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPipPip
Tiny

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:29

the problem has resolved with your standalone v2.7. now i can see the console on startup, thank you very much for your hard work ;)

#17 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:38

'amidna said:

the problem has resolved with your standalone v2.7. now i can see the console on startup, thank you very much for your hard work :cursing:

Thanks for reply mate, glad its all working for you :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   SFK Icon

Tunngle Master

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:09

Post Updated!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   annson08 Icon

• Fortgeschrittener
  • PipPipPipPipPip
High

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:04

wow..the tutorial on sourcemod and metamod and the max player limit is very useful, i really want to have that mod for a long time but....

i don't know if im doing something wrong but i think i did every steps right, i still can't get the "sm version" to work...it always says doesn't know command "sm version". the metamod_version is working though...please help me :cursing:

i've also tried the sm version without the quitationmarks and still no luck huhuhu....:'(
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION XD

For tutorial on how to update the game, click HERE by annson08™

For FAQ's and their answers (Nickname special chars., language set, avater icon prob, etc.), click HERE by Xeno037™

Thank You! SFK™

#20 User is offline   drools011 Icon

• Schüler
  • PipPipPipPip
Good

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:09

hello there SFK! is there any way or other options to decrease the loading time? :cursing: thanks
-----AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-AAAAAAAAAAAAA--------AAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA---AAAA--AAAA
AAAAAA--------AAAAA---AAAAAAAA
AAAAAA---AA---AAA---AAAAAAA
AAAAA---A--A---A-----------AAA
AA-AA---AAAA---AAAAAAAAAAa
AAA----------A---AAAAAAAAA
AAAA---A-------AAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A--AAAAAA-drools011AAAAAAAA

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

guiguidu90 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:43 PM)
Hi :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:05 PM)
Ok. I'll see on the forum. Thanks
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:04 PM)
The chat isn't really a support section ;)
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:04 PM)
You can create a forum thread about the issue, should be able to give you some more support there :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:00 PM)
I did everything they told me to do. Not enough :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:00 PM)
SUre
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:57 PM)
Have you had a read of the Adapter_Priority wiki page? :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:54 PM)
My network adaptater seems to be "not correctly prioritized"
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:53 PM)
What seems to be the trouble?
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:52 PM)
Can I get help too ?
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:51 PM)
Hey :)
blurgie Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:50 PM)
please help me add someone i am so lost
can you see this?
hey *****
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:48 PM)
Hello. I don't understand why Tunngle tells me that "The Tunngle network adapter is not correctly prioritized.". I tried everything in the help section, it doesn't work !
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:46 AM)
@Best752: Salam :). You can check the Turkish forum: http://www.tunngle.n...m/2241-turkish/ :).
best752 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:18 AM)
who speak turkish?
best752 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:17 AM)
speak türkish_
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 09:54 AM)
Hello :). If you have a router then you need to setup Port_Forward :).
Or else, you can ask your ISP if they can open the port for u :).
Gunieq Icon : (21 October 2014 - 09:43 AM)
how is that possible that i cant connect to my friend who has the same internet service provider?
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 09:22 AM)
Hi :). There is already network available :). You can join the network and host an in-game server by yourself :).
szabi251 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 09:03 AM)
create sniper ghost warrior 2 server
szabi251 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 09:03 AM)
hi
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 07:39 AM)
Hey there :)! I see some people are in the Dead Island Riptide lobby :). You can ask if they're playing or if they wanna play :).
DielmotianY Icon : (21 October 2014 - 07:23 AM)
anyone play dead island riptide ?
DielmotianY Icon : (21 October 2014 - 07:23 AM)
hello
danilorg555 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 02:46 AM)
não sei q jogo é esse
jarlralof Icon : (21 October 2014 - 02:45 AM)
tem arma 2 ae?
jarlralof Icon : (21 October 2014 - 02:44 AM)
sim
danilorg555 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 02:43 AM)
arma 2?
Resize Chat Area