Remember Me

Forgotten Password?

Tunngle Community: [Moved] [Blur] LAN problem: can't connect to all people in the room - Tunngle Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Moved] [Blur] LAN problem: can't connect to all people in the room Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JohnBlack666 Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: JohnBlack666
Tiny

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:12

I can't connect to all the games I see in LAN I get this error or whatever it is: can't connect to all people in the game. Can someone help? Thx in advance.

#2 User is offline   Zocker4Life Icon

• Tunngle Wiki Police
  • View gallery
  • Group: Enthusiasts
  • Tunngle Username: Zocker4Life
Tunngle Master

Posted 29 May 2010 - 14:06

Regards,
Zocker4Life
Posted Image

Posted Image
No Support via PM or Xfire/Raptr! | Kein Support per PN oder Xfire/Raptr!

#3 User is offline   Ramjet Icon

• Average Tunngler
  • Group: Lifetime
  • Tunngle Username: Ramjet
Average

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:44

Please make sure you have Tunngle port forwarded correctly in your router.

During my testing last night, I could join a game with the same people time after time. Then when that same person hosted and other people were playing, I couldn't connect to all players and thus couldn't join the game.

My suspicion is that, some routers use trigger ports or UPnP and setup a temporary port forward to any outgoing clients but not incoming ones. So when someone connects to a game without a actual port forward setup and only uses UPnP. They can connect to the host and others in the game because they are outgoing connections to them. Once they are in the game, the router ignores incoming requests from any other new clients? Now I'm not sure if this is what is actually happening, but i have seem this kinda of odd "can connect this time, but not next time?" behaviour in other games and it was due to some people using UPnP/Trigger port forwarding rather than setting up an actual entry in the router for static port forwarding.

So here's what I recommend people do to get this game all running smoothly together.

Install Blur

Install Update 1 (google it... you'll find it, or ask in the lobby)

Install Update 2 (see above)

Set up your router to port forward your Tunngle Port (by default this is 11155 Check in your tunngle options if it's not) to your physical LAN IP 192.168.x.x (or what ever you have your lan setup for). This should be a physical entry into the port forward table in the router, UPnP and triggering may not be enough for global port forwarding.

In Multiplayer options. Check that you have ANY REGION selected. Again, I'm not sure if that applies only to Online or if it applies a ping filter to LAN as well. So ANY Region should be more forgiving if the connections are being filtered by this setting.

Played for a few hours last night, and I can honestly say it's one of the most fun racing games I've played in a looooooooooooooong time !!! :hmm:
Language: :en: LAN group: RamNET Location: Brisbane, Australia
Tunngle Games: AVP2 (v1.0.9.6), Borderlands (V1.30 inc Dr NED, Moxxi and General Knoxx), Dirt2 (V1.1 See the Dirt2 section in Tunngle Games), NFS: Shift (v1.02), Flatout! (no patch), HL: DM (original CD install), FreeLancer (v1.0), COD4: Modern Warfare (v1.7), ZSNES V1.42 (http://www.zsnes.com use V1.42 for Netplay), AVP3 (2010 - Latest 1.3 Steam update). NOLF 2 (V1.3)

#4 User is offline   V3rby Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: V3rby
Neutral

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:46

i think i found a solution for this problem.

i could connect to my mate if he had is firewall down, but not if someone else was in the room having his firewall up, if there's one player inside that room with a firewall up, the connection of everyone else will be blocked, cause there are no masterservers, so you connect to each player.

so the solution is quite simple:

while playing blur: disable your firewall, i guess its the only proper solution.

#5 User is offline   Versatile Icon

• Tunngle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: versatile
Magnificent

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:17

Wow, this is the most insightful thing I have read all day. Make sure to spread the good word in tunngle.

#6 User is offline   Ramjet Icon

• Average Tunngler
Average

Posted 07 June 2010 - 00:37

Are you referring to the Windows Firewall? or Router Firewalls?
You have to remember that for some people, they may be running as many as 3 firewalls without knowing it.
For example, my friend has a Cable modem (firewalled by factory settings)->Router (firewalled) -> PC (windows Firewalled). He makes an port forward entry into both his modem and his router to get a clean line to the outside world plus the permission in the windows firewall!
I wouldn't recommend disabling the firewall for any of these. The correct procedure would be to advise people to make sure they are port forwarded correctly.
Run Tunngle->Settings->Options. And click [Test] next to your port setting (11155 default). If this results in the message Open and Accepting incoming connections. Then you should be right to go. You can tick uPnP if you want, but a definite entry for port forward may be required in the router & possibly the modem if it has a configuration page of it's own.

Ramjet
Tunngle Games: AVP2 (v1.0.9.6), Borderlands (V1.30 inc Dr NED, Moxxi and General Knoxx), Dirt2 (V1.1 See the Dirt2 section in Tunngle Games), NFS: Shift (v1.02), Flatout! (no patch), HL: DM (original CD install), FreeLancer (v1.0), COD4: Modern Warfare (v1.7), ZSNES V1.42 (http://www.zsnes.com use V1.42 for Netplay), AVP3 (2010 - Latest 1.3 Steam update). NOLF 2 (V1.3)

#7 User is offline   V3rby Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:14

i mean software firewalls, such as the windows firewall. i'm using a router myself, and it works fine for me (which means others can join my room)

port forwarding is not enough, a friend of mine had the port forwarded for tunngle but his firewall up and noone could join our game, after he disabled the windows firewall and the other firewalls he had, we were able to play with others.

we tested this yesterday, and in 10 of 10 trys the firewall was the reason for this.

i don't know if its enough to set the blur.exe and the tunngle.exe as trusted applications. but we're gonna try this today.

but the firewall is the reason for this error. if its open or disabled it works without problems.

yes i know, so people don't want to shut down there firewalls for security reasons, but there is no other way of playing blur on tunngle.

#8 User is offline   Ronson001 Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2010 - 15:22

so..... i dont think the fw is the reason for that error............
cauze..... there are many plyr in 1 room u cant join... okay, but the other plyrs need to communication with each other... so why they can play together? if the fw have to be the reason, no one could play with that fw-people. hope u understand.

i´ve got my theory... its not a problem with blur.... its a problem with tunngle. u never see all people in the lobby of blur. check out the number of players if u search in tunngle for blur. connect... and u will never see all people in there.
i also confirmed that someone is talking with another one who i cant read in there.
so this is my reason u cant connect to each player..

#9 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 07 June 2010 - 18:57

Hi :). If you don't see all peers then it is a problem on your side (or if you see/not see). Be sure you do port forward Tunngle and you should not have problems as you should see all the other peers :). This mean that when you connect to a game you will have a working connection to everybody.
You can read the FAQ here.

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#10 User is offline   V3rby Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2010 - 20:38

well, you connect to each player once to check their status, after this, all gameplay runs through tunngle (tunngle port) over the admin.

if someone with a firewall up is inside that room, no matter if he's host or not, you can't join. but he, and all the other player which are already inside that room are able to play, its only the joining problem which is triggerd with an enabled firewall.

as i said, if there are security reasons, try to let the blur.exe and tungle.exe to bypass your firewall if you don't want to let your doors open.

#11 User is offline   Ronson001 Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2010 - 23:03

'Brioche said:

Hi :). If you don't see all peers then it is a problem on your side (or if you see/not see). Be sure you do port forward Tunngle and you should not have problems as you should see all the other peers :). This mean that when you connect to a game you will have a working connection to everybody.
You can read the FAQ =http://www.tunngle.net/forum/general-discussion-f961/faq-is-everything-routed-back-to-germany-is-tunngle-going-to-be-free-do-i-have-more-than-3-wishes-t29021/p1.html
]here.
my port is open and i´ve got nowhere probs with my router. anyway.. i can host as well.
but this tunngle-prob with the peers... i dont get it

#12 User is offline   Ramjet Icon

• Average Tunngler
Average

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:15

Ok, I just found this... I'm not sure if it will help... ***updated link***

http://www.bizarrecr...hp?f=45&t=18859

Perhaps we should also be looking into these ports?

#13 User is offline   Ronson001 Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 09 June 2010 - 14:43

this cant help, because it doesn´t affect the lan-mode

#14 User is offline   RGenc-013 Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: RGenc
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2012 - 19:21

Hi people.
I got some problems with playin Need For Speed Most Wanted.
I can't play LAN, i choose LAN, but can't find matches, and that little yellow smiley in the right corner at Tunngle says ; Port Closed, who can help me ?

#15 User is offline   ObeseWhale Icon

• The Tunngle Whale
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: ObeseWhale
Tunngle Master

Posted 05 May 2012 - 23:08

Hey :)

Please follow the instructions on the Port_Forward wiki page to open your port :)

You can also check Troubleshooting#Can.27t_find-join-host_a_game page :thumbup:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

Meshuggah BG Icon : (01 August 2014 - 02:31 AM)
zombieslayer, choose a mirror from the list, and it will download as any other file :)
zombieslayer... Icon : (01 August 2014 - 01:26 AM)
Not connected Downloaded*
zombieslayer... Icon : (01 August 2014 - 01:25 AM)
Lol how do I know I have connected?
DrBojanglez54 Icon : (01 August 2014 - 12:46 AM)
HI!
hanaskeri Icon : (01 August 2014 - 12:41 AM)
sa
BigJig Icon : (01 August 2014 - 12:03 AM)
how to i connect to a game
Lunched Icon : (31 July 2014 - 11:58 PM)
Anyone want to play 7 days to die?
aodselyes Icon : (31 July 2014 - 11:06 PM)
want to play red orchestra 2
TheGlob Icon : (31 July 2014 - 10:34 PM)
:gamer:
TheGlob Icon : (31 July 2014 - 10:33 PM)
gona play sacred gold. whoswhit me
Godbrine012 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 09:58 PM)
:gamer: lets gaming :gamer:
Godbrine012 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 09:56 PM)
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS
Godbrine012 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 09:55 PM)
poops
TheSTRAFF Icon : (31 July 2014 - 09:42 PM)
So my ISP has blocked all ports now i cant port forward
UNDER_GREY Icon : (31 July 2014 - 08:44 PM)
Dinamo_Riga, переустанавливай таннгл с отключенным антивирусом, заноси исполняемые файлы таннгла в исключения антивируса и брандмауэра виндовс
Dinamo_Riga Icon : (31 July 2014 - 08:29 PM)
(4-109) Невозможно инициировать сетевой адаптер. Что за фигня? Подскажите, народ!
PetrinMinato11 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:36 PM)
server v25 ?
UNDER_GREY Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:05 PM)
Barmaneng_, какую ошибку выдает?
Blackdragon 282 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 06:58 PM)
Hello
Barmaneng_ Icon : (31 July 2014 - 06:55 PM)
чё делать
хэлп,не могу зайти в тунгл на сайт заходит
ребят
Pashalos Icon : (31 July 2014 - 06:47 PM)
i like big butts
Pashalos Icon : (31 July 2014 - 06:46 PM)
hey guys
45aken Icon : (31 July 2014 - 06:28 PM)
Can somone anwer my problem "http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/192401-error-when-doing-the-first-update-update-28-to-29/"
UNDER_GREY Icon : (31 July 2014 - 05:42 PM)
Takushika. создателя этого сервера спрашивай
Mike Harper Icon : (31 July 2014 - 05:38 PM)
@FistOfFlame: You can ask in the game network (by using Tunngle client) for IP :).
yangcipi Icon : (31 July 2014 - 05:18 PM)
Shogun 2 any1 ?
FistOfFlame Icon : (31 July 2014 - 05:14 PM)
can some1 tell their IP for UNTURNED???
FistOfFlame Icon : (31 July 2014 - 05:13 PM)
could any1 answer me?
Resize Chat Area