Tunngle IP - AoE 3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cynphur Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: Cynphur
Neutral

Posted 26 February 2010 - 20:21

Hi, my friend and I are trying to play Age of Empires 3 together but he can see my game but when he tried to join it he gets a 'Failed to connect' message. When he hosts i can't see his game at all and all the ports are opened fine etc.. What is a problem though is when he hosts at the top of the screen he doesn't see his Tunngle IP but rather his normal ip 192.168.X.X etc. Is there anyway he can get that to be a solid tunngle address? I think that's causing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 26 February 2010 - 21:08

Hi :). Check that your adapter is on top http://www.tunngle.n...tunngleadapter/ on both systems.
If it's on top and you still have problems (and the game is not a Game for Windows Live) then you can try to check this: http://www.tunngle.n...-t23092/p1.html ;).

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#3 User is offline   Cynphur Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 26 February 2010 - 22:17

Both adapters are top priority. Although he says his Tunngle adapter has a red X beside it? (Windows Vista) I'm not sure what that means.. I'm on Windows 7 and i have no X. Also tried the ForceBindIP but when he loads the game it still uses his normal IP rather than 7.X.X.X! Any more ideas?

Edit: Oh i guess he wasn't logged in Tunngle that's why he had the red X. Nevermind ;)
Edit: We done the Red Alert test too and it worked fine. I'm confused!

#4 User is offline   ZAX Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: ZAX
Tunngle Master

Posted 26 February 2010 - 22:46

You must start AoE3 like this:

"D:GamesAge of Empires IIIage3.exe" OverrideAddress="7.0.0.2" (7.0.0.2 - your tunngle ip)

Tunngle Voice Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#5 User is offline   marzzbar Icon

• Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: marzzbar
Average

Posted 27 February 2010 - 13:32

Seems like you've got the same problem we had with Age of Mythology.
In which case, you each log into tunngle, go into a room, disable your internet connection, open Age of Empires 3, host a game to check your IP is your tunngle IP, reenable your internet, and then join your friend's game.
Tis a bit tricky, but it worked for me and Versatile ;)

#6 User is offline   Cynphur Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 27 February 2010 - 16:49

'ZAX said:

"D:GamesAge of Empires IIIage3.exe" OverrideAddress="7.0.0.2" (7.0.0.2 - your tunngle ip)

This worked. Thanks dude :D

#7 User is offline   Versatile Icon

• Tunngle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • Group: Enthusiasts
  • Tunngle Username: versatile
Magnificent

Posted 27 February 2010 - 22:21

Of course it works. Enjoy.

#8 User is offline   fcuser Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPip
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 13:59

'ZAX said:

I'm trying to play aoe 3 with my friend and that works with him, but i still get the same 192..... ip. I have done what the video of versatile in youtube says but i still cannot make it work . Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 20 May 2010 - 14:34

Hi :). Maybe the link is wrong? Did you use the right Tunngle IP? If you have vista or 7 try also to run it as administrator.
I do not know this game. Maybe our friends here know something more :).

Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#10 User is offline   fcuser Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPip
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 14:58

'Brioche said:

Hi :). Maybe the link is wrong? Did you use the right Tunngle IP? If you have vista or 7 try also to run it as administrator.
thank for the instant reply... i solved my problem. I just had to update to the last update. thank you.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Versatile Icon

• Tunngle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
Magnificent

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:49

'fcuser said:

'Brioche said:

Hi ;). Maybe the link is wrong? Did you use the right Tunngle IP? If you have vista or 7 try also to run it as administrator.I do not know this game. Maybe our friends here know something more :).
thank for the instant reply... i solved my problem. I just had to update to the last update. thank you.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot help you if its based off of user error. I am glad you got it working!

#12 User is offline   fcuser Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPip
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:27

'Versatile said:

'fcuser said:

'Brioche said:

Hi ;). Maybe the link is wrong? Did you use the right Tunngle IP? If you have vista or 7 try also to run it as administrator.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot help you if its based off of user error. I am glad you got it working!

Of course not. You have said it in your video, but i didn't pay attention to it, because my friend was able to login with the tunngle ip, using the (!) stock version. But when i saw again the video I realised what i've done wrong....
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   AgeOfEmpiresUser Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: 15323192
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:39

Ok i have nearly the same problem ... i get a "failed to join the game" message when i want to connect.

we got both the Tunngle Ip in AoE3 with

and we can see our games, UPnP is not acivated, ports open both adapters are top priority and if we use hamachi and the hamachi ip it works correctly but it legs with huge battles ...

when we use tunngel we disable the hamachi adapter and use windows 7

i searched for long time with google etc but nothing works... has someone a idea?

...sry for my bad english :)

edit 1: tunngle works with other games like CSS CoD4 WcIII etc but not with AoE ;)

#14 User is offline   fcuser Icon

• Anfänger
  • PipPip
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:13

'AgeOfEmpiresUser said:

Ok i have nearly the same problem ... i get a "failed to join the game" message when i want to connect.

we got both the Tunngle Ip in AoE3 with

and we can see our games, UPnP is not acivated, ports open both adapters are top priority and if we use hamachi and the hamachi ip it works correctly but it legs with huge battles ...

when we use tunngel we disable the hamachi adapter and use windows 7

i searched for long time with google etc but nothing works... has someone a idea?

...sry for my bad english :)

edit 1: tunngle works with other games like CSS CoD4 WcIII etc but not with AoE ;)

As far as I could make out from my short experience with the game, I can tell that if you do the following things I'm going to tell you, then I can not advise you at all....

Firstly as the video of versatile recommends, update to the last version of the game(if you haven't done it yet) and do the procedure with the user.cfg... moreover I believe strongly that this helps a lot, download and follow the instructions: BindIP . This helped me a lot. I hope you solve your problem.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   AgeOfEmpiresUser Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: 15323192
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:55

thanks for your answer ...

our version of Age of Empires 3 Aisan Dynasties is 1.02 (i think the latest version)

the thing with the user.cfg is the same as this step --> "D:GamesAge of Empires IIIage3.exe" OverrideAddress="tunngle ip" isn't it?

and if we host a game it shows our tunngle ip for example "7.3.218.xxx" not the usual 192.168..., and we can see the games but not connecting to each other ...

we (3 persons) tried it many times with different hosts, firewall on/off, Kaspersky on/off but we can't connect with each other...

tunngle works with other games correctly (firewall on kaspersky on everyone can host) so i think the settings are correct but aoe3 just works with hamachi .. and this sucks :)

edit 1:
i watched the vid, but as already said the ipchange from pc ip (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) to tunggle or hamachi works but i can only connect with other people if we all use hamachi ip ...

#16 User is offline   NinjaDropkick Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:58

I am having the exact same problem. I have done all of the above. OverrideAddress, forwarded the port, made sure it was first on the adapter list, made an exception in Windows Firewall, and tried every other possible solution to this problem. I've watched Versatile's videos on troubleshooting and making aoe work, and I still have the exact same problem as AgeOfEmpiresUser. I can see people's games, and people can see my games, but when I try to join it, or they try to join mine, it times out and says "Failed to Connect". This also happened with Hamachi. This only happens with my Windows 7 laptop and not my XP one. I can connect to a XP-Vista server and Vista-Vista server, but it seems I can't connect Windows 7 to any server. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me, you guys do a great job helping others on this forum.

The IPs at the top of the screen are the Tunngle "7.x.x.x" IP's on both computers.

#17 User is offline   Versatile Icon

• Tunngle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
Magnificent

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:28

It doesn't make sense, does it? So you have the game updated to the latest version, and did the override trick? When I did my setup, I hosted a game on Windows 7, and I got my XP to join me I do believe. Or was it the other way around? Regardless, this is what I suggest you do.Read this guide here. If you did options one through seven, then we need to be creative and get Brioche involved. http://docs.google.c...vc52g_6gv4v6gcj

#18 User is offline   NinjaDropkick Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2010 - 19:35

I have successfully forwarded the ports, and I am able to connect to my friends aoe3 Vista server using my XP laptop, and vice versa.
When I click test on both computers, it comes back saying the ports are blocked, but on my XP laptop I had no problem playing with my friend who has Vista.
My aoe is up to date
The IP Override works on both computers, I see the 7.x.x.x IP at the top of the AOE screen on both computers when I host.
My windows firewall is off and aoe as well as Tunngle have exceptions to them in Windows Firewall
Changing the DMZ settings did nothing
The Red Alert test was successful, I was able to connect to my XP laptop using my Windows 7 laptop
I disabled all my antivirus / firewall software, my AVG and MalwareBytes and UnHackme
When I host a game on either laptop, with both connected to the aoe network, I can see the games, but when I double click to join it times out and says Failed To Join Game.

I have truly tried everything I possibly can, and I have a feeling this has to do with something in Windows 7. I'm trying to play against my wife as we both enjoy playing this game. I also wish to play with my father who enjoys this game as well and is the owner of the XP laptop. So my father and wife can play against each other, but I cannot because of this Windows 7 laptop. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

#19 User is offline   ZAX Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Tunngle Username: ZAX
Tunngle Master

Posted 23 May 2010 - 20:04

:S I believe it's a firewall issue. I've read about playing with success on XP - Vista and Win7 vice versa. Check AVG again!

EDIT: It must be a firewall or the game itself because you've got succes on the RA1 test

Tunngle Voice Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#20 User is offline   NinjaDropkick Icon

• Anfänger
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2010 - 20:24

That's what it seems like but I disabled every AVG module and still have the same problem :S. Age of Mythology and Age Of Empires 2 both work and connect on all of the computers, just not Aoe3.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

Alex Villegas Icon : (21 October 2014 - 06:28 PM)
quien para jugar Unturned?
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 06:05 PM)
Hi :)
LucKeR-msk Icon : (21 October 2014 - 06:01 PM)
hello
UNDER_GREY Icon : (21 October 2014 - 04:51 PM)
NickaNety. ты о чем?
NickaNety Icon : (21 October 2014 - 04:48 PM)
Наркоманы штоле
UNDER_GREY Icon : (21 October 2014 - 04:28 PM)
premier1777 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 04:22 PM)
есть кто?
premier1777 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 04:21 PM)
а как присоединиться поиграть?
calebfox89 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 03:43 PM)
buscando alguien que se anime a jugar boderlans 1
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 03:24 PM)
@andriy19990330: Привет :). You're account is already registered and validated :). You can start playing now :thumbsup:!
andriy19990330 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 03:03 PM)
где регистрация акаунта?
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 02:55 PM)
Hello :).
guiguidu90 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:43 PM)
Hi :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:05 PM)
Ok. I'll see on the forum. Thanks
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:04 PM)
The chat isn't really a support section ;)
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:04 PM)
You can create a forum thread about the issue, should be able to give you some more support there :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:00 PM)
I did everything they told me to do. Not enough :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 01:00 PM)
SUre
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:57 PM)
Have you had a read of the Adapter_Priority wiki page? :)
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:54 PM)
My network adaptater seems to be "not correctly prioritized"
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:53 PM)
What seems to be the trouble?
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:52 PM)
Can I get help too ?
ObeseWhale Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:51 PM)
Hey :)
blurgie Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:50 PM)
please help me add someone i am so lost
can you see this?
hey *****
MaxiBerdy Icon : (21 October 2014 - 12:48 PM)
Hello. I don't understand why Tunngle tells me that "The Tunngle network adapter is not correctly prioritized.". I tried everything in the help section, it doesn't work !
Mike Harper Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:46 AM)
@Best752: Salam :). You can check the Turkish forum: http://www.tunngle.n...m/2241-turkish/ :).
best752 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:18 AM)
who speak turkish?
best752 Icon : (21 October 2014 - 10:17 AM)
speak türkish_
Resize Chat Area