Tunngle conflict with Ad Muncher program Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   supraspecies Icon

• Average Tunngler
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: supraspecies
Average

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:39

Ad Muncher is an anti-banner software. It filters connection itself, so it can remove adverts not only from web browsers, but from any other programs as well. It does remove Tunngle ads, but that isn't the issue.

When Ad Muncher is active, even when ad filtering is disabled and filtering specific program (Tunngle) is disabled, Tunngle still has scrolling bugs just because Ad Muncher is launched. That little checkbox near the scroll bar? Not checkable at all. And when Tunngle scrolls, it cuts off half of the buttom text line. All that just because Ad Muncher is active (and all filtering is disabled).

Now, I do expect Tunngle developers to take no responsibility for conflicts with an external program, but someone should do something. Next it may have conflicts with my antivirus software, with my operating system, then what?

Previous Tunngle versions (4.4, I believe) did not have any kind of conflicts. No idea why 4.5 does.

Maybe you could contact Ad Muncher developer and inform him that his software ruins yours. I could do that myself, but I am in no way a representative of your software, so I don't know how that would work.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 09 July 2013 - 17:25

Hi :), thanks for reporting.
We have a page where you can post your findings: Compatibility_with_Third-Party_Software ;).
This will help other people with the issue ;).

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

#3 User is offline   supraspecies Icon

• Average Tunngler
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: supraspecies
Average

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:30

A little more on the issue. I contaqcted Ad Muncher developers, described the problem, and received the following statement:

If it happens when Ad Muncher is disabled but running then there's nothing we can do about it.

The program just doesn't like Ad Muncher living in memory and the hooking we use.

This is something they have to fix.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Cole

What would be Tunngle Team's return statement? Ad Muncher developers seem to think the problem is on your end. I will gladly post my findings in the thread if I get any more info on the problem, but as a user of your software, I'm afraid I have to ask: are you working on solving compatibility issues described in the thread you mention? Or planning to work on them? I do realize you have a lot of goals, and still a lot of problems to solve. I am not rushing and I will understand if you will say "no", but that is something I need to know.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I also noticed that if you click "Don't Panic" button, the scrolling and everything else returns to normal even with Ad Muncher being active. That probably indicates that a simple interface glitch is occuring, and I'm pretty sure it means that a workaround can be made. I only have to click on "Don't Panic" each time I enter a room, and everything is fine from then on. I can do it manually, but if it could be worked around, that would be really nice.

This post has been edited by supraspecies: 09 August 2013 - 06:51

#4 User is offline   Brioche Icon

• Tunngle Team
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Tunngle Username: brioche
Tunngle Master

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:57

Hi :), thanks for asking but our servers are expensive and at the moment the advertising income is the only thing barely covering our expenses.
If we were to disable advertising we would need to close down Tunngle because of the lack of money to run it.

For this reason I am pretty sure that we will not use our developing time to make our program compatible with an Ad Blocking software ;).
Ads might be annoying for somebody but they are the reason why everyone can use Tunngle for free ;).
If you would like to remove Ads you can purchase Tunngle Lifetime https://www.tunngle.net/lifetime/ and you will not see them anymore after login ;).

I will add the Ad Muncher to the Compatibility_with_Third-Party_Software page ;).

If you need help check this and this.
Tunngle Voice | Forum Games: #1 #2 #3
Google pattern "Tunngle Wiki" yourquestion (e.g. "Tunngle Wiki Signature"). Check for new version! Click here for help! Follow Tunngle on Facebook Follow Tunngle on YouTubeFollow Tunngle on Twitter

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

IchigoKun Icon : (31 October 2014 - 04:57 AM)
hola
hi
como juego ?
IchigoKun Icon : (31 October 2014 - 04:56 AM)
hola yo soy nuevo
Meshuggah BG Icon : (31 October 2014 - 04:44 AM)
Is it only me?
Meshuggah BG Icon : (31 October 2014 - 04:44 AM)
With Chrome, neither theme is working, except using the combination of Incognito mode + white theme, at least on my machine :hmm:
Meshuggah BG Icon : (31 October 2014 - 04:42 AM)
there seems to be a problem, with the black theme - the buttons Chat, Clear, Refresh and My Prefs are not working, while using Firefox :(
Vovantinys Icon : (30 October 2014 - 11:21 PM)
ка настроить моствантед по сетке?
да
да
xXGamer123Xx Icon : (30 October 2014 - 08:35 PM)
please help me i have a problem
Gruffmcmuff Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:39 PM)
What do I need to do to get a game added?
UNDER_GREY Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:01 PM)
gnomikus554. привет)) Если у тебя появятся какие-нибудь вопросы касательно програм - пиши на Русскоязычный форум, там тебе помогут)))
gnomikus554 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 03:57 PM)
всем привет я тут новичок
Brioche Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:59 PM)
the member list is currently disabled because we have too many members ;).
UNDER_GREY Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:45 PM)
Vadooss, вот руководство по игре http://www.tunngle.n...-через-tunngle/
gameDeamon Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:22 PM)
Does anybody know?
gameDeamon Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:21 PM)
Why cant i see members. ITs says: You do not have permission to view the member listing.
Vadooss Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:18 PM)
в Underground 2
UNDER_GREY Icon : (30 October 2014 - 11:44 AM)
Vadooss, в какой?
Vadooss Icon : (30 October 2014 - 11:43 AM)
как поиграть в NFS
UNDER_GREY Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:48 AM)
BorderFire, куда его добавлять? комнаты для него давно уже созданы))
BorderFire Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:37 AM)
а Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel добавлят?
UNDER_GREY Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:58 PM)
что?
Harvey Dant Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:25 PM)
Ну епст
akjoller Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:08 PM)
ip address is 85.214.219.86 for that server if that helps
akjoller Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:08 PM)
What port do I connect through for the arma 3 life server
juvercy Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:16 PM)
rebanhop de viado
MartinSucksHard Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:25 PM)
ok will try
Native Armor Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:25 PM)
You guys should try gamranger to play SW EAW
Resize Chat Area