#1 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Tunngle Username: MrSherenai
Average

Posted 31 October 2012 - 16:45

Good evening ladies and gentleman,

Today I bring you another great feature for your favourite game mod. Working hard with my friends at Dayzland Community we ported another great island to DayZ and unleashed the horde. Hand in hand with Martin, the developer of Taviana Island, we are proud to be able to release DayzTaviana just at the moment Island Taviana will be brought to the public. Befor I start with the showcase I want to thank you my friend for the cooperation and support you offered us and that we are now able to release a working and balanced first version of DayzTaviana. *hat off*

Taviana Island - Background, Geographie and Outlook

When talking about Taviana Island we talk about the State of Taviana with a size of 625 km² established on two big islands in the Baltic Sea. So we should rather call it Taviana Islands. The two big, seperated Islands are connected with each other by the famous Bratislav Bridge. The smaller Island, named Lesh with a size of approxiamtly 48 km², is created by a volcano in the middle of the island. It features mainly agriculture areas laied around the mountain and some huge, dense forests scattered over the island. The Airport Krasnoznamenks is located in the NE part of the island a few kilometers beside the town of Krasnoznamenks which is one of the two bigger towns on the island. The southern part of the island is hold by tourists who spend their holidays in one of the uncountable beautifull resorts at the coast. The northern part offers a very unique attraction, a reacetrack west of the port of Stangrad, one of two big ports on the island.

The bigger island has a size of approximatly 70 km² and is named Bukvac. The capital city Sabina is located in the middle of this island. Sabina is not only the capital but the biggest city on Taviana Islands with a size of 1.1X1.5 km. It holds a underground train station, tram system and many historical buildings giving the city a very unique modern stlye while keeping up the history of the state. The landscape is dominated by giant mountain formations on the island and the thick forest belts around them and at the coast. Two airports are located on Bukvac, Airport Dubovo in the south right beside Sabina and Jaroslavski Airport in the northern part of the island. The uncountable urban areas, mostly post soviet workers' settlements or industrial areas are connected with each other by an highway. A modern train system completes the public transport network. The pioneer role on the subject of renewable energy is clearly visible by the offshore parks and wind turbines all over the island.

Many little islands and some oilrigs north of Bukvac are always worth a visit. Not to mention the countless ruins all scattered over the two big and smaller islands.

There are so many things to point out about the buildings and landscape, just read it up in the manual we will hand out with the package. Martin gives detailed information about Taviana in there. It's worth it.
Posted Image

DayzTaviana - Technical Aspects

Now let us talk about some DayZ facts and features this port offers. Basically its pure DayZ gameplay with some slight changes and tweaks to improve your gameplay and experience. This means that every native DayZ function works how they used to work. We added the dependency on owning a toolbox to repair a vehicle. Will never understand why that got removed :P . Some lootrates are tweaked to work smoothly with the buildings of the island. Of all barrack loot has been decreased to fit the chernarus drop rate. Many little object compositions have been added to increase the atmosphere and give a little background for those that like to play DayZ in a roleplay style. This is still WIP and there is more to come in the future. Some new vehicles have been added/introduced. We intended the Mi-17 Civilian and Mi-17 RU medevac to replace the Huey. Therefor we removed the radar of this vehicles and additionally we modified the An-2. It's legit to bring an airplane in the game on a map of this giant size in our opinion. In addition we overhauled the boats. They now have an inventory and are finaly usefull. We increased the speed of the small boats and fishing boat slightly to make them less of a deathrap. In addition the temperature calculation has been modified to not freeze you to death nearly instantly once you enter a boat. To increased the atmosphere we decided to turn the streetlamps back on. In the future we will replace the vanilla arma2 streetlights with some better and realistic looking ones.

In addition DayzTaviana will be the place to release and get player feedback of new technology we develope to increase your Dayz experience. So even if you dont like the island stay tuned. It will be worth it.

DayzTaviana - Release information

Although the work is 100% done release will be on 4th of November when Taviana Island is officially released by martin. We will start off with a hand full of server for you to get in touch with the island and for us to get some stresstest data. The server list will be released here together with the download link. Dont worry, serverfiles will be brought to the public after a short testing period. We just want to ensure that you can enjoy the product from the very first minute on your own server and dont have to struggle with bugs or performance issues.

Streamers that want to get in touch with DayzTaviana from the very first beginning can "sign up" and drop their channel link, maybe with a short description of language/location etc. right here. You will get first hand information on when the servers go live and your channels will be advertised to allow those that dont have the chance to participate to get a first impression.

DayzTavian has gone life on the following Servers. Follow the instructions below to get in touch with this epic Island:

#1 DayzTaviana Testserver
IP:85.10.195.138
port:6302
Password:meow
Slots: 50

#2 DayZ Taviana (1.7.3/Beta 98220)|3rdP:on|CH:off|Tags:off-hosted by DayZLand.eu
IP:5.9.136.139
Port:2602
Slots: 60

#3 DayzTaviana Testserver by Pwnoz0r (currently offline)
IP:199.96.83.199
Port:2302
Slots: N/A

DayzTaviana - Client files, download, installation

Installing Taviana is as easy as stealing your childrens candy. Just grab the latest files (V1.1.0) here:
VERSION: 1.1.0
DayzLand Mirror
Alternative Mirror
VERSION: 1.0.1
DayzLand Mirror
Alternative Mirror

Open the archive and copy the @DayzTaviana directory to your arma2oa or arma2co root directory (The same directory your @dayz folder is located in). Now enable @DayzTaviana via arma2 main menu, shortcut or launcher. Join the DayzTaviana server of your choice and enjoy :).

DayzTaviana - Server files, download, installation

Will be released after a short testing period. Stay tuned for news and updates.

DayzTaviana - Media

Taviana Maps:
High resolution
Ultra High resolution

DayzTaviana - Changelog

Spoiler

DayzTaviana - Known Issues and Bugs

Spoiler

DayzTaviana - Credits

We want to thank everyone who participated in this project. First of all the Dayzland community for the countless help and understanding. Regardless of the problems we had, this project is tiny compared to the outstanding work done by martin. He created Taviana in more then three years of work, houndrets of models have been made, uncountable hours of work. Thank you for giving this masterpiece to the arma2 community. Drop him a nice message here or send him a care package. He deserves it. And never forget about rocket who made Dayz, our favorite game mod, possible.

This post has been edited by MrSherenai: 22 November 2012 - 19:06

Project DayZ++ , enlarge your experience.
Click me for more information on Project Dayz++ and its features.
[NEW DAYZ MAP] Panthera Island! Klick!

#2 User is offline   WinstonTheRipper Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: WinstonTheRipper
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2012 - 21:31

Good to see that this is getting ported. I've been following Martin's development for a while and I must confess the map has me intrigued.
Did you manage to get RHIBs unbanned? I could not for the life of me get them working in Lingor or Chernarus even with rMod.

I'd love to get this map on our rMod server with Basebuilding, if you need another server to test it on, let me know!

This post has been edited by WinstonTheRipper: 31 October 2012 - 21:47

#3 User is offline   Krucialgrape Icon

• Average Tunngler
  • PipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: Krucialgrape
Tiny

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:12

Hey great work! Tried sending you a PM a week or so ago but your inbox is still full. It's about a project island I'm going to start working on soon and Wanted you to port it for me =) or at least help me with porting it when it's finished, Will be a while until its done though as map making takes time, a lot of time =P Keep Pimpin Pimp

#4 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 01 November 2012 - 13:21

Deleted some messages, try again.

Did you manage to get RHIBs unbanned?

Yes, they are availiable and will be included in the vehicle spawn table handed out with the serverfiles.

This post has been edited by MrSherenai: 01 November 2012 - 13:22

#5 User is offline   Audio Rejectz Icon

• Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: Audio Rejectz
Neutral

Posted 01 November 2012 - 17:44

View PostMrSherenai, on 01 November 2012 - 13:21, said:

Deleted some messages, try again.

Yes, they are availiable and will be included in the vehicle spawn table handed out with the serverfiles.

Is the map really big enough for a plane? I don't remember it being that big

#6 User is offline   Pwnoz0r Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: Pwnoz0r
Good

Posted 01 November 2012 - 17:58

View PostAudio Rejectz, on 01 November 2012 - 17:44, said:

Is the map really big enough for a plane? I don't remember it being that big

The map is quite big. It should fit a biplane no problem.

#7 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 01 November 2012 - 18:11

The RHIB is an armed PBX^^ . Its up to the serverhost to allow the spawn of these or not, in my opinion it is quite balanced because of the limited operation range due to it being bound to the water and the crew being exposed too when operating the boat. When you are carefull you can kill the whole crew with your AKM :P.

The AN-2 is a biplane thats just slightly faster then the Mi-17. It just needs a few meters to land or take off when operated by a good pilot. And its unarmed.

This post has been edited by MrSherenai: 01 November 2012 - 18:13

#8 User is offline   VRShiva Icon

• Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Tunngle Username: VRShiva
Average

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:07

Did you add open buildings? I've done a little Taviana port myself weeks ago and found that most houses could not be entered, decided not to put more time in it

#9 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 02 November 2012 - 17:56

No, didnt feel additional buildings to be needed. The ratio of enterable/closed is pretty balanced in my opinion. You dont have complete "static" citys with no buildings to enter like on chernarus but its not like on panthera when you have every building open. Having a smaller percentage of enterable buildings instead of all enterable but very small chance of loot to balance it out is less frustrating. Imagine you are in a city where you can enter 200 houses but just 3 hold loot. Disappointing :D. I would rather have 20 to enter scattered over the city area.

And dont forget about Island Lesh has not been introduced to the public yet :P.

This post has been edited by MrSherenai: 02 November 2012 - 18:00

#10 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 04 November 2012 - 16:20

First server online for you. Test it, stream it, tell your friends and have fun :).

#11 User is offline   RedNome Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: RedNome
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2012 - 16:47

Hey man, good job with this, been looking forward to it since your post on Daymod, only thing is the download link isn't working.

Cheers.

#12 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:12

Aye, switching to another service right now. Link will be up in a few minutes.

#13 User is offline   RedNome Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:15

Thanks fella.

#14 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:12

Two new mirrors online and linked.

#15 User is offline   RedNome Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:15

Downloading now, thank you :thumbup:

#16 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 04 November 2012 - 19:28

Everyone is invited to join Dayzland TS3 while testing and playing :). IP:176.28.54.22:9987

#17 User is offline   WinstonTheRipper Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: WinstonTheRipper
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:11

Played on the second server for a while, had some ping problems but it's too be expected on a German server.

That being said I love the map, good work.

This post has been edited by WinstonTheRipper: 05 November 2012 - 03:11

#18 User is offline   Sickboy6 Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: Sickboy6
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31

Awesome, thanks!

Support added to Play withSIX! http://play.withsix....84-dayz_taviana

BTW, the taviana and tavi pbo's seem to be altered and signed with a new key, this is sad because it makes it impossible to use already obtained (huge) data of the Taviana island.
Would the changes benefit all Taviana users?
In that case perhaps pushing the changes upstream so they can become part of the official Taviana island distribution could be beneficial?

#19 User is offline   MrSherenai Icon

• Advanced Tunngler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Average

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34

They actualy didnt get altered. Six is not using @folders but pushes the data directly in the addons directory right? Adding the signatures made by martin and his key should make them useable too. Will consider using his signature then on the next version. Thanks for the heads up.

#20 User is offline   Sickboy6 Icon

• First Time Tunngler
  • Pip
  • Tunngle Username: Sickboy6
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:01

Hey,

No, SIX doesn't do that blasphemy of putting custom addons in the official game addons folders.
It installs mods by default to My Documents\ARMA 2, in user-space, and the recommended place by Bohemia Interactive.
Of course you can configure to install the modfolders elsewhere.

According to the MD5/SHA1 checksums, the mentioned pbo files do not match the official release. At least not the official release that I have here.
Perhaps you've used an older build, or a newer build im not aware of? Could you please share the source for them, then we can figure this out ;-)

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle chat Chat

BluzDanG Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:48 AM)
alguien juega unturned?
BluzDanG Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:48 AM)
hola
Ganewshake Icon : (28 July 2014 - 03:30 AM)
combat arms players on?,
Ganewshake Icon : (28 July 2014 - 03:30 AM)
brs?
DatJuanMexican Icon : (28 July 2014 - 03:02 AM)
how do I play multiplayer?
DatJuanMexican Icon : (28 July 2014 - 03:01 AM)
Unturned?
AwesomAndrey223 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:44 AM)
ГАЙЗ, КАК МНЕ СОЗДАТЬ ЦИВ5, ЧТО БЫ Я СДРУГОМ ПОИГРАЛ
Carofdoom Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:31 AM)
Oh, I'm just an idiot, ignore my below messages.
Carofdoom Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:09 AM)
I really need help with this.
Carofdoom Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:05 AM)
This is totally the best font ever and I am going to use it on chat from now on.
Carofdoom Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:03 AM)
(I've also posted a fourm thread for a question all can find)
Carofdoom Icon : (28 July 2014 - 02:02 AM)
I made server.properties a .txt and don't know how to make it a .properties file again. Can anyone help?
Turkey_Verdar Icon : (28 July 2014 - 01:42 AM)
?
ObeseWhale Icon : (28 July 2014 - 12:09 AM)
ManaDefens you can download Tunngle from here: http://www.tunngle.n...tunngle-client/
ObeseWhale Icon : (28 July 2014 - 12:08 AM)
@DarkVortex29 You can use the Tunngle Black_List feature to block abusive users ;)
ObeseWhale Icon : (28 July 2014 - 12:07 AM)
@Stealdemon99 Your Tunngle account is already verified ;)
ManaDefens Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:16 PM)
how to download tunngle im new im sorry
Venz741 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 09:32 PM)
asdasd
stealdemon99 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:55 PM)
any ideas im just trying to play online and because my router hates me and port forwarding is impossible even if i get someone who works in an i.t company to do it for me it still dosen't work this is the last place i can turn to
stealdemon99 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:54 PM)
[#10120] We could not find the validation request you are attempting to verify.
stealdemon99 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:54 PM)
hi, this is bollucks im trying to make an account on this website and everytime i click the verify account bullshit email i get sent it gives me an error message
Dark Vortex 29 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:02 PM)
Hello, when I report someone, do they get banned from Tunngle or something? What happens? I reported someone twice and nothing happened to them. Their name is "Avluv" (Tunngle Username: Vulva7) and I reported them because they harass me and other users (including some of my friends) and constantly steals my nickname on Worms 4: Mayhem. I am tired of this maniac. I also reported a few other users, and nothing happened...
Vladster1 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:53 PM)
привет всем, кто хочет поиграть в ANNO 1404, отзовитесь
Francorius Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:29 PM)
how can i play nba 2k14 online?
Jojo_Fr Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:07 PM)
i need help too
mactevis Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:05 PM)
need help
anyone there
hello
Jojo_Fr Icon : (27 July 2014 - 05:49 PM)
Hello. I need help please. We got IP blocking with Tunggle which is normally unpossible I guess. What can we do ?
Andi524 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 05:43 PM)
Hey Gays.
Resize Chat Area